Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Brian Overby. I am in the process of building a progressive DH/XC lift access park in Southern VT @ Magic Mountain Resort. We have some of the steepest grades in New England, 1700 vertical feet and the use excavation equipment. Magic itself has a very relaxed, progressive, and accepting atmoshphere. My aim is to construct trails that cover North Shore style, big slope, eastcoast rock, dirt jumps and so on. If you are interested in the prospect of riding at a place that is off the hook, and at the same time needs the support of New England's core riders as please go to www.eastshoremtb.com and fill out the survey. This survey will only be used for budgeting purposes. I figure it's about time for the East Coast to have it's own Whistler. If you would like to volunteer any of your time please write to [email protected] . We will compensate for volunteer work as best we can. Thanks, Brian

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

I don't know Vins, but you are welcome to tell him to contact me at [email protected] if he is interested or know of some way he can help.

Red Bull said:
Hmmm, i live in CT and my parents have a condo up at Killington. Any chance you know Vin at OOB snowboards? Really cool guy, rides a scream and might be able to help you out...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to all of you that have filled out the survey. We now have more than 400 families that want to ride at Magic, and we are steadily growing. If you haven't filled out a survey yet please do so. Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
I finished the survey...if you guys build it, I will definitely ride it (and bring friends who will ride it also). How far are you from Boston? Not that it really matters, as I'll drive four hours for good skiing in the winter...this would give me a nice destination away from home for summer. I'm pretty excited.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Unsolicited advice (four days...)

Four unsolicited ideas for Magic:

1) Four day schedule. You could throw this one out for feedback on the survey: I believe a 3-4 day weekend schedule is a must. Soooo much going on in the summer to wreck everyones riding plans/trips. Weekends simply fill up too easy that time of year.

So: I say let me ride Fri/Sat, Sat/Sun, Sun/Mon or all four. And I'm going to be coming up a whole lot more than if it were two days. Also, full mountain (summit) access on the Fri & Mondays. Nothing worse than only 1/2 the mountain being lift serviced. And don't shut down till the fat lady sings (like skiing's schedule)

2) Camping and ride & stay packages. (Any Camping fee should be minimal, enough to cover Bathrooms... Fair is all we ask. Of course free is better. Maybe free w/ a two day pass or seasons pass ? )

3) Small shop w/ good service and good selection for tires and other breakable parts.

4) Good rentals. Bikes to fit the smaller riders. My nephews are hounding me to ride. Take on a sponsor. Kona did Sunday River if I remember. And they have a Garbanzo Stab for Whistler. What about a Magic Norco, Rocky, Kona ? Or maybe even an east coast/USA manufacturer ?

This type of real commitment will get me (hopefully others) buying a season pass. Which I'm sure is what the mountain managers want to see.

[

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.