Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this, www.levelcomponents.com The cog is splined or refered as eye to eye torque transfer, no more lock ring or stripped hub shells! must ditch the freewheel idea and go with a cassette barel for ss

·
Needed Less ~ Did More
1,012 Posts
Nice bit of kit!

I am testing one at the moment for The Outcast Singlespeed magazine (www.yesweareontheweb.com)

Its a solidly made hub, which can be easily set up for 120mm or 135mm frames, nice big bolys and knurled faces to stop it slipping and no chance of ripping your cog off in a skid-stop :D

SSP

·
Fat Boy Deluxe
409 Posts
Singlespeedpunk said:
I am testing one at the moment for The Outcast Singlespeed magazine (www.yesweareontheweb.com)

Its a solidly made hub, which can be easily set up for 120mm or 135mm frames, nice big bolys and knurled faces to stop it slipping and no chance of ripping your cog off in a skid-stop :D

SSP
He also now has a much stronger and lighter axle...

DT

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
This was my solution for stripped fixie cogs - started by bolting on a BMX cog to a disc hub by drilling 6 holes as per http://www.63xc.com/jasom/milldisc.htm. My final version was using a front disc hub with a rear solid axle and Boone's cog (http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=15469) - makes for a very clean wheel.

Probably would have tried the Level hub & cog if I had seen it first. Stripping threaded fixie hubs on trails is no fun...

Cheers,

Tom

·
Needed Less ~ Did More
1,012 Posts
Thats cool....

DmofoT said:
He also now has a much stronger and lighter axle...

DT
Because the one I have weighs loads! Making the flanges lower would not hurt either ;)

SSP

·
Registered
66 Posts
levelcomponent hubs

I'm about to build up a fixed wheelset and was thinking about using this on the rear. His site has links to two shops that he says sell the hub, but one link is dead and the other has no specific info on the hub. Anyone know how much are they running?

TIA

·
Registered
69 Posts
Will has the new axle.

Singlespeedpunk said:
Because the one I have weighs loads! Making the flanges lower would not hurt either ;)

SSP
i think Will at 63xc.com has the new lighter and stronger axle for the hub you are testing. or is he at hubjub? i get so confused...

enjoy!

lower falanges are in the works. small batches on a limited budget makes for very slow process. anyone looking to invest? ;)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Vernon VernDog said:
Came across this, www.levelcomponents.com The cog is splined or refered as eye to eye torque transfer, no more lock ring or stripped hub shells! must ditch the freewheel idea and go with a cassette barel for ss
Cool. I'll add this hub to the next SS FAQ update.

Craig

1 - 9 of 9 Posts