Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been part of the Cascade Cream Puff since the beginning, done many of epic single day rides and just love being on my bike for long periods of time, but after reading many of the post on this board and riding with Krein in AZ last year I've been inspired to do some different things.

I've been looking at a loop for the past few years and after seeing what others are capable of doing it doesn't look as hard but it will be good goal for me to work towards this year in hopes of upping the anti in years to come.

If you are looking for something to do in late August and want to ride some of the best Singletrack in the world plan on being in Oregon and check out the little blog I started to keep this thing alive, http://thebigstupid.blogspot.com/.

It is only going to be around 200 miles, but with the amount of Oregon singletrack (I would guess around 85%) I know it is not going to be a walk in the park. Who know's by the time it comes around it may be longer :)

I hope some of you can make it,
Richard

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Sounds interesting to say the least, but sadly I don't think I'll be able to make it. I will be heading up to CO in late July to do the LT100 and prob leave a couple days after it. If you want a real challenge and can save up the coin for it take a look at the Great Divide Trail, running from Canada to New Mexico - about 2,470 miles and suggested to plan for about a 62 day trip w/ trailer in tow. :D

·
Scott in Tucson
1,331 Posts
Howdy Coonskins,

Lookin' good. Glad to see the evolution of "PAIN" coming through.

If I've got half a molecule of glycogen in my legs by August, I'll be there to give it a shot. I love that it's a loop -- really simplifies rider logistics.

My only question is about resupply. What's in Cresent Junction (gas station?) and are there any other chances to fill up on jerky and snickers bars?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Krein said:
Howdy Coonskins,

Lookin' good. Glad to see the evolution of "PAIN" coming through.

If I've got half a molecule of glycogen in my legs by August, I'll be there to give it a shot. I love that it's a loop -- really simplifies rider logistics.

My only question is about resupply. What's in Cresent Junction (gas station?) and are there any other chances to fill up on jerky and snickers bars?
Just like Shiggy said, about the only two places to supply up are Oakridge and Cresent Junction. CJ will be hard as the hours won't be long at the stores that I know of.

I hope you can make it.

Might add waldo to the loop, maybe some other parts up in that area as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.