Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm guessing it's the same as 27.5 x 2.8, and I'm guessing it probably rides the same as the 2.6 that I have except with a little more bounce.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I would agree with that guess....but I refuse to believe that 27.5 standard exists.
I'm off to ride towards the horizon on this flat Earth we all live on.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Looks like a great alternative since the Maxxis Rekon+ isn't available in 29+. Great option along with the Bontrager XR4. If I'd known about this tire in 27.5+ when I got my Maxxis tires, I might have bought it. It's listed in the "trail" section of their website instead of the "plus" section.

·
Premium Member
10,560 Posts
That's a lot more tire than a Rekon, think enduro, heavy as a brick, and probably undersized as that is typical for WTB.

Pretty sure they're targeting the rowdy crowd, big hit FS 29ers, not plus folks who cruise and tour.

·
This place needs an enema
16,916 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
That's a lot more tire than a Rekon, think enduro, heavy as a brick, and probably undersized as that is typical for WTB.

Pretty sure they're targeting the rowdy crowd, big hit FS 29ers, not plus folks who cruise and tour.
More tread depth, but similar tread pattern. And no ramped knobs.

If someone is cruising or touring on Rekons, they must be hitting bigger stuff than I'd hit loaded.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.