Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
Yeah, i paid just a few $$ under 1,800 for my new 09 Demo 8 II frame from a dealer with the lifetime warranty. If the new 08 frame was offered to me from a dealer i would pay $1499 MAX, if it was from a local person or online $1100-1200.

·
Registered
680 Posts
jut8 said:
Yeah, i paid just a few $$ under 1,800 for my new 09 Demo 8 II frame from a dealer with the lifetime warranty. If the new 08 frame was offered to me from a dealer i would pay $1499 MAX, if it was from a local person or online $1100-1200.
Those things retail for like 22, shops pay WAY more than 11 or 12 for that stuff. ANY deal at a shop is a good deal, shops operate on pretty low margine.

18 sounds a tad steep, but not out of the ballpark

·
Registered
54 Posts
jut8 said:
Sounds about right. Keep in mind that a big portion of the premium for a frame from a shop is the lifetime warranty. The warranty applies only to the original buyer, so the second-hand value of the frame is significantly lower.

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
I am just saying I paid under $1800 for a new 09 frame from the local shop, now I do a good bit of business with them, so that might have something to do with it also.

Are you getting it from a shop or from another source?

There is an 09 Demo 8 II frame on ebay right now with a staring bid of 1800 and a buy it now of 2000......that can save you some money you would pay in taxes if the frame wasent from someone local, if its your size.

·
Registered
273 Posts
That exact frame just sold on pinkbike for $900, new in the box. I wouldn't be surprised if its the same one.
Pricing is the reason I don't own this frame yet. I wouldn't pay more then 800 for used or 1100 new. Used bike,especially downhill specific have been beat. Thats what they were built for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.