Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Life is Go0d!
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dearly love my Flight, but the slurpee blue color had to go!!!
Here she is in her birthday suit! Raw Sanko Steel, protected
with http://kgcoatings.com
I added the nickname decals.

Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle frame

Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle part

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Spoke Bicycle part Bicycle wheel

Bicycle frame Bicycle part Bicycle Bicycle accessory Bicycle tire

Branch Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Terrestrial plant Biome

·
Life is Go0d!
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A couple more..

Here she is, again
Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Her native environment..;)

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Branch Bicycle Bicycle accessory

·
Life is Go0d!
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks... It was fun. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
what did you use to strip it? I am thinking of just masking off spots and adding color to the blue, but I dig what you did! I dare not copy that, but a partial strip of the paint in sections would be cool.

Well done :thumbsup:

·
Life is Go0d!
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used Klean Strip, its like 8 or 9 bucks a can at Walmart. Its does a fairly good job. I used half a can on the whole bike. A good quality brass wire brush, and a scraper.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thnx,, I may have to play with some designs. Did you spray on the gunkote? I wonder if there is another product that comes in a spray can so I can forgo the renting of a sprayer..

·
Life is Go0d!
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
master of the wheel said:
what did you use to strip it? I am thinking of just masking off spots and adding color to the blue, but I dig what you did! I dare not copy that, but a partial strip of the paint in sections would be cool.

Well done :thumbsup:
If what you plan to do is add color to the existing one, no stripping is necessary. Just mask off the area you want, sand, prime, color, and clearcoat. :)

·
Life is Go0d!
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
gte819s said:
Which exact product did you use from KB?
I used KG coating K PHOS pre treat, followed by 2409 clear... :)

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Very inspiring! My brother in law has a nice large paint booth, although he has no way to bake a frame so I would stick with the standard versions. Redoing my Inbred with could make a nice winter project.

What volume of each did it take for your frame?

·
Life is Go0d!
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A half pint maybe. . if that... the coating is very thin... I have enough left to do it again.. They also have air dry products, if those interest you. I should have used that.. as finding a big enough oven was a pain..

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
mo0se said:
A half pint maybe. . if that... the coating is very thin... I have enough left to do it again.. They also have air dry products, if those interest you. I should have used that.. as finding a big enough oven is a pain..
Yep, I was just looking at that on their website. The bake on is probably a good bit tougher and would be ideal, but their air dry product still sounds better than regular paint.

·
Life is Go0d!
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MMcG said:
How much did all of this cost you?
$9 for stripper. $58 For products from KG coatings. $6 for decals. That big bottle of K PHOS pre treat was almost as much as the coating.. but worth it.

·
My spoon is too big!
881 Posts
That looks great! I may do something similar once my paint gets thrashed.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts