Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
i want spring!
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we, all 5 of us ventured out at 6 Mile today for what it seemed like a perfect winter bike ride. What more can you ask, a sunny 40 degree day with no wind.

The trail were frozen last weekend for half the ride but thawed out on the way home. The mud was sticky but not thick as it was today. Today, was a bit insane. Almost to the point where it wasn't rideable. I like mud but was crazy. It just stuck to everything and everywhere. But I did enjoy it because, first and foremost, I rode today but also I got to ride with new people.

Did anyone else ride today or yesterday?

Here are ther pics below, i think this best sums up the ride today.

~Db

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
Wasn't like that up in Northern Jersey. I rode Kittatinny Saturday on the SS in 1/2" of snow and Mahlon Dickerson on Sunday with about an inch of snow. Beautiful riding because the snow was powder & the ground was frozen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was one of the five that rode with Dirty Bert at 6m on Sunday. The mud was unbelievably tenacious and it added some extra pounds to the bike, but still fun to get outside and ride.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Looks like the mud we rode in two Saturday's ago up at Stewart.

It was slick as hell, but that place is fun even in the slop.

This weekend was the first weekend I didn't get to ride in a long time and as you can imagine I'm in a really bad mood today...

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Chimney Rock was nice Saturday for my first cold weather ride. I wasn't enjoying it much the first 30-40 minutes as my fingers and toes were numb, but after that it was good.

I was wondering how Mahlon Dickerson was in the cold.

·
dontcha?
1,433 Posts
yeah i rode @ CR on saturday, it was actually alot warmer than i thought.. orr maybe it just was me trying to pedal my new 44lb fr bike up the hill..

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
were you wearing shorts and riding flats?

i think you arrived when i did.

i don't like mud, i wouldn't ride if i saw it. i rode in central NY where it notorious for mud and rode a section that bound my bike up. i don't enjoy getting that mud off the bike.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I am glad that I was leaving as you guys were headed out. When I first got there it was frozen solid but as I was leaving it was getting slick. Nice to see so many happy faces out in the woods.

j

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.