Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Coincidentally, about a decade ago I was riding my road bike when I was hit by a work truck and flipped into a ditch. The homeowner came home as I was getting up; he stopped and asked what happened. Turns out, he was an ER doc. He took my bike to his house then loaded me up in his Audi and drove me (very quickly) to the ER. I will say: it was the smoothest hospital check in I've ever experienced.

·
Candlestick Maker
3,799 Posts
Awesome! Sometimes the stars align...

On a similar note, a spectator went into heart failure at my kid's recent running race. Someone noticed the guy lying in the grass, yelled for help, and 3 people who knew CPR (including my wife) were within hearing distance. They resuscitated him in the 5 or so minutes it took the ambulance to get there and he was carted off with his heart beating and him breathing on his own. Damn lucky! Super proud of my wife to be able to help out in the situation.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
not crazy in my very very limited experience. In my very very limited experience, the smallest of crashes in the simplest and stupidest of situations result in the craziest and most horrific of injuries.

The truly insane crashes always seem to have 2 outcomes a majority of the time: no or minor injuries only (they always use the word miraculously), or lights out forever.

Its when you stick your wheel in that train track crossing that you've ridden 1000 times over but got complacent that one time because it's NBD that you end up OTB, concussed, and at the hospital.

·
change is good
Switchblade with a 38, 29+ rigid WaltWorks
4,259 Posts
JRA, thinking about entering a race, clipped a tiny stump, automatically tucked and rolled onto the end of my handlebar, emergency trauma surgery for perforated small bowel.

Occurred in a metro park.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.