Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear friends,

I am sick of the snow and grey that I must muck thru every year. I have lived in Tucson and kinda miss the sun and heat. I am fairly hesitant to move back there as well....different time different place kinda thing I guess.
While living in Tucson I was able to visit NM and found it very pleasant. I was mostly in the Albuquerque and Santa Fe area. Seemed like a very nice place.
Cutting to the chase...I was hoping someone could provide me with a bit of info regarding moving and the like. Some background on me:
Avid cyclist (mostly longer rides not too freeride oriented any more), Worked as mechanic in shops, Sales in shops, and some wrench for hire stuff for a few pros, Currently work for a smaller bike related company,Married, own a home and have to ride a lot or........we all know that one right. I also have a very nice pitbull that I rescued and would need to know if there are dog restrictions in any area I could move to. ( please do not start bashing my dog. i just need to know if any communities there outlaw or ban ownership of this breed). My wife is currently employed in the health care industry in an administrative/billing capacity.

So could anyone shoot me some average income, average job market, average cost of home, and of course any bike related job,riding etc. You know cost of moving and starting over type things for me to consider? I'd prefer to buy a home.Just basic. 1000 square feet, yard.
I know this is a lame not really bike post, but if you were here looking at the grey crap and inches of snow fallingyou'd probably feel my pain.

Thanks. Really.

·
I ride with tools
1,376 Posts
midget said:
I know this is a lame not really bike post, but if you were here looking at the grey crap and inches of snow fallingyou'd probably feel my pain.

Thanks. Really.
I agree - it is a lame non-bike-related post. All of that info is readily available to you through teh interwebs. That said, you are welcome here - the biking is great. But we too are looking at grey crap and inches of snow falling, and feeling our own pain.

You're welcome. Really.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I have a 1300 sq ft $370,000 home in Santa Fe. You might not like those kind of prices. Health-related work pays well here. Bike work...well you alredy know how that pays.
Good thing is, I ride in the real mountains from my front door and live in a killer community with everything I want, in town, or in the hills, and it's all accessible with a walk or bike from my front door. You have to pay for a great set-up. Most folks don't want to pay that much, but if you can, it beats what the folks who don't want to pay for it have. I love my life, so if you like whaat I described and can swing it, it's VERY worth it. Tons of great folks and terrain here. Also pretty good skiing, eating out, pubs, festivals and culture.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey Midget, good luck in Santa Fe!? Your espousa should have no problemo, especially if there is a strong work ethic. Lots of people movin' in an' out of the medical businesses here and most of the doctors, nurses, administration, and personel commute from Querque cuz its cheaper. Bike shop, no problemo especially if ya have a good work ethic...get it? Start your own. We need better choices, prices, clientel care, and at the rate SF grows there will always be room. Hey I've been wanting to start a mtbike outfitting, guide, rent,.....thing, interested? Anyways as much as it is hard to live here because of expenses it is good for entrepenuers and MOUNTAIN BIKING. Perhaps some of the best in the US. I have been ridin' many places, but for the high caliber of bikin' in NM and So.Colo. I just can't leave, yet. Oh ya great skiing, whitewater, mountains, mountains, forests, waterfalls, mountains, elk, snowthunderstorms, mountains, great weather, wild hot springs, mountains and so on.

·
Thread Pollution
1,734 Posts
SSweetleaf said:
You are moving Makachut? You will still post here won't you? I can't imagine the boards without ya.
Yep, looking to buy the farm in the northwest .It will probably take some time to up and move, in a linear sense. we have another warm season of riding to do and smartass remarks to create.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
If You Ever Do....

stefan said:
Start your own. We need better choices, prices, clientel care, and at the rate SF grows there will always be room. Hey I've been wanting to start a mtbike outfitting, guide, rent,.....thing, interested?
I am extremely disgusted with my career choice and the caliber of folks who seem to be succeeding in the trades industry. If I could actually make a living drooling over sweet MTB's and selling people into our great sport, I would. If it ever happens for you please extend me an invite

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
makachut said:
Yep, looking to buy the farm in the northwest .It will probably take some time to up and move, in a linear sense. we have another warm season of riding to do and smartass remarks to create.
:cryin::cryin::cryin::cryin::cryin::cryin:

:ciappa:

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
Oh Really?

Mtn. Biker123 said:
I am extremely disgusted with my career choice and the caliber of folks who seem to be succeeding in the trades industry.
I told you you'd have problems with being a Pr0nstar in ABQ.... But NOOOooooo, you wouldn't listen.

·
Registered
57 Posts
By Nov. 2012 all linear time, as well as the material world will disappear, vanish into thin air and we shall enter the new world of 13Baktun. Better buy that farm quick oh Mahamakachut. Rest assured our new being will have our lucid memories of everything good......yeeeeha can't wait for those rides!

·
Thread Pollution
1,734 Posts
stefan said:
By Nov. 2012 all linear time, as well as the material world will disappear, vanish into thin air and we shall enter the new world of 13Baktun. Better buy that farm quick oh Mahamakachut. Rest assured our new being will have our lucid memories of everything good......yeeeeha can't wait for those rides!
that's a cognicent message

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey where are we riding this weekend? Are you doing the Maloof Mudfest or we gonna go find some real mountain biking. Got out on La Tierra Sunday last and was able to ride thought out sections pretty well with mud of course, but again snow has moved in. Want to get up early ride the cyclocrosses to Querque from here, do the race, and find a shuttle back? I would be up for it....start getting early big miles for that upcoming full Colo.Tr adventure. Was going to ride from here to La down to SanI over to Espanyola and back, but with the weather?

·
Thread Pollution
1,734 Posts
stefan said:
Hey where are we riding this weekend? Are you doing the Maloof Mudfest or we gonna go find some real mountain biking. Got out on La Tierra Sunday last and was able to ride thought out sections pretty well with mud of course, but again snow has moved in. Want to get up early ride the cyclocrosses to Querque from here, do the race, and find a shuttle back? I would be up for it....start getting early big miles for that upcoming full Colo.Tr adventure. Was going to ride from here to La down to SanI over to Espanyola and back, but with the weather?
I know who you are talking 2 ? start a new thread and post a ride

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
Un-Asked Question

makachut said:
Well, actually there are a few niche sights on the web you might fine less pay and be quite degradeable , stefan told me so...
Well, that does explain why Mtn. Biker123 doesn't have his bikes listed anymore.

sudden influx of cash, decreased bike riding, less time for outdoor activittities...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.