Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
ottimo lavoro!

Morris_M said:
hello!!
all description and photos of my last work, at this link......

http://www.forumfree.net/?t=3261830
perfetto!

i think this is international and also understood by those talking only english...

anyway -it looks nice. well done. BUT it seems a rather short post. what is it's lenght? i'd guess ca. 31.6/250mm, right?

and for even lighter results you should have opted for a Heylight clamp. it's the clamp from the Heylight HS II seatpost:
http://heylight.de/produkte/sattelstuetzen_superleicht.htm
that's the lightest clamp and gets also used by german Schmolke on its ultralight TLO seatposts. the clamp itself weighs just 41g

and you better get white AX-Lightness saddles as the speedneedle is really bonehard and uncomfortable in comparison.

saluti
nino

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bender said:
Where did you find the new clamp? It looks like its from an Extralite post. That is an awsome post now!
for one Extralite seatpost "the post ul2"...

If I could dig up a similar clamp I could do that on an FSA carbon post. I assume it also has an aluminum shim inside so it would be safe.
the seatpost FSA carbon ........is this??

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nino said:
perfetto!

anyway -it looks nice. well done.
many thanks...Nino.

BUT it seems a rather short post. what is it's lenght? i'd guess ca. 31.6/250mm, right?
...31.6 / 270 mm

and for even lighter results you should have opted for a Heylight clamp. it's the clamp from the Heylight HS II seatpost:
http://heylight.de/produkte/sattelstuetzen_superleicht.htm
that's the lightest clamp and gets also used by german Schmolke on its ultralight TLO seatposts. the clamp itself weighs just 41g
yes, ...but the extralite headquarters....is a few minuts on my home

and you better get white AX-Lightness saddles as the speedneedle is really bonehard and uncomfortable in comparison.
yes.....the my future sattle is .... Tune Speedneedle .....i wait......

Hello ...ciao!!!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Does anyone know where I could obtain a similar clamp. The Heylight or the Extralite clamp would be great. I would only really be interested if the price werent out of this world. The idea would be a very custom looking budget post that weighs next to nothing.

Yeah Morris_M thats the FSA post I was thinking of. I can get one quite cheap and I suspect like your ITM the clamp is what weighs so much.

I admire your work its brilliant. I have no doubt I could do the same thing. Its just a matter of having the right tools.

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
Morris...bravissimo!

Such care and fine workmanship! You must have spent some time filing the top of that post to get it that smooth and round.
What did you use to cut the post?

I'm surprised the stock clamp is so heavy. I had no idea.

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
nino said:
saluti
nino
Nino, how much would that saddle cost me in/to California, USA? what's the weight?
My friend has a speedneedle, and he likes it. i test rode it once, and it was not too bad. I ride a SLR 135g that weighs 140g. It is sharp and cuts into my thighs. It is fine for riding, other than long steady seated climbs.

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
saddles...

rensho said:
Nino, how much would that saddle cost me in/to California, USA? what's the weight?
My friend has a speedneedle, and he likes it. i test rode it once, and it was not too bad. I ride a SLR 135g that weighs 140g. It is sharp and cuts into my thighs. It is fine for riding, other than long steady seated climbs.
ax-lightness are damn expensive. the Tune speedneedle is binehard and in my opinion not comfortable.there is the new Tune Concorde that is like a sofa and much cheaper than the AX-Lightness...
contact me off the forum:
[email protected]

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
WAZCO said:
M2racer weighs between 93-98grams depending on lenght. Although I do like the look of your seat post but a lighter seatpost is my priority.
hey, it's about a WHITE seatpost.
if you need it light you don't even need a carbon seatpost at all. the New Ultimate seatpost is the same weight as the M2Racer and is out of Aluminium...and you can get it in polished silver too.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
rensho said:
Morris...bravissimo!

Such care and fine workmanship! You must have spent some time filing the top of that post to get it that smooth and round.
Thanks resho!!...yes, i have spent many time....but ..is a passion!!!

rensho said:
What did you use to cut the post?
hacksaw fine, ..one drill whit 18 twistdrill, 5 iron files, twenty centimetres of broomstick whit glasspaper glued on.......and many patience!!! ;)

·
Registered
436 Posts
The NewUltimate and the M2racer are awsome posts yet I dont belive they come in 31.6 like Morris_M and I need. You would need a shim that weighs what 20g? His post is also a little longer so if you trimm it weight will go down even more.

Does anyone know of a good deal on a 31.6mm post? A USE Alien would be great if the price is right.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.