Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this on the beer list at the Stone Brewery Gardens last weekend and didn't get a chance to try it as there were too many choices and I was busy drinking Mirror Mirror from Deschutes. Found a six pack at Whole Foods, and with enough money left over from the chicken we purchased, decided to pick it up. Pretty good, high gravity 7.7%, beer. Not as hoppy as an IPA, but well balanced.

From Drop Box

·
gimme friction
1,124 Posts
Haven't tried it yet, but have heard very good things. Lagunitas sure knows how to balance alcohol, malt, and hops in their mid- to high-gravity beers.

Last weekend, I picked up a mixer sixer of West Coast stouts. I dug into it last night with Deschutes Obsidian Stout. I haven't had a bad beer from them yet, either.

Beer thirty, y'all! :thumbsup:

·
tastes like chicken
469 Posts
Normally, I'm not a big fan of Lagunitas beers. Not as hoppy as I would like and some have been duds. There are other breweries like Stone, Anderson Valley, Prohibition, Green Flash and Dechuttes that I will buy first over Lagunitas. I'll try the Zappa covers when they are released and the "Reuben and the Jets" has been the best of the bunch, IMHO.

However, Little Sumpin' is a really nice brew. I have been drinking it with my crew for a couple of weeks now and this is the best beer I've had from this brewery. It's starting to change my opinion of Lagunitas. This is a limited edition beer so get it while you can. I also have a 22 oz Correction ale in the fridge left over from "Hoppy Father's Day" that I'll try this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts