Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey AK peeps. I put together a little biking video of the (soon to be) Emerald Isle.

Right click on the link below, choose "save to disk" (or "save link as," whatever), then watch it after it is done downloading. It is a 20mb file, 2 1/2 minutes worth of 30-frames-per-second of tundra-clod-flinging yumminess. Fat props to Terminaut and the FooRiders for hosting!!!

The video: Riding The Rock

Hope you enjoy it. Happy break-up!!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Wow!

tscheezy said:
Hey AK peeps. I put together a little biking video of the (soon to be) Emerald Isle.

Right click on the link below, choose "save to disk" (or "save link as," whatever), then watch it after it is done downloading. It is a 20mb file, 2 1/2 minutes worth of 30-frames-per-second of tundra-clod-flinging yumminess. Fat props to Terminaut and the FooRiders for hosting!!!

Yer a ROCK star...get it? ROCK? too cool, anyway, thanks for making that happen!
With yer new employment situation will you be tied to the office in the summer? I'm getting quite a bit of pressure to visit Uganik Bay this summer, and as long as I'm in the 'hood.......we should weld up some pizza or something.

Ken

·
Registered
540 Posts
Very nice Philip!!!!!!!

tscheezy said:

Great footage.....Thanks for sharing!

The Traveler ( aka AkDave)

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yo, Ken.

I am headed out west again this summer. I will split my time between Cold Bay and Port Moller. I am taking a Turner along and will leave it in Cold bay which has quite a few miles of old WWII roads headed out through the hills and tundra. Not exactly Moab, but I'll ride just about anything. I will head out the second week in May and get back in Sept. I will be in Moab in early-mid Oct though.

Hope you have fun choking humpies in Uganik. It's a beautiful spot!

-P

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, Ken. I almost forgot. If you do go to Uganik, Barny (of the Myrick clan) works at "Trap 6" on the southwest side of Uganik Island. I don't know where your friends' site is (Village Islands? Broken Point?), but you could skiff over and say hi to Barny. She's kinda sweet on ya, you know. I won't tell Clare.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I thought she liked me! I could tell cause she said 8 or 10 words to me in 3 days! I think one of our friends set net sites was previously owned by Barny's clan. Does Paradise ring any bells? Or Moonlight Bay?

As of right now I plan on spending the winter in Moab starting in late September. See ya there.

Ken

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Uh, yeah. She could be quiet at times. Anyway, those sites don't ring a bell, but it's a "small" bay and everyone will know where everyone else is. You may want to be there for the 4th of July. Sounds like a fun party.

·
Registered
122 Posts
tscheezy said:

Nice video. Looks like a fun trail.
Ok, so I'm not an "AK peep". Just lurkin,... but I did spend a summer in the SE, running a skiff on Slimemon boat. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.