Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
V-Shaped Rut
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not quite as cool as the flume trail, today I did powerline to the high meadows. That means the singletrack, not the fireroad. Late season, that trail is done. Normally its a good solid climb, right now its like pedaling on the beach. Uphill. Really, it was unrideable with the gear I was pushing (32/18 on a 29er), I just couldn't get traction and momentum was lost. Hike a bike the last mile.

And...... It wasn't worth it. The forest service is re-doing the fireroad and some stuff in the meadows so there was plastic up everywhere. Ah well. No way in hell I was gonna go down the fireroad after all that work. The way down was awesome! They've done some work on the upper trails, lots more corners and a badass new bouldery tech section. See pic below for a short section of it. After the snows melt next season its gonna be a sweet trail. Up the fireroad, down the singletrack.

The sand made me hit a tree on the way down, but it was a small tree and I'm ok. I had some slow cooked beef short rib stew and barley waiting for me when I got back. Hearty stuff, now its time for beer and UFC.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I really like this trail system.

Fast and fun when the bike is pointed downhill.

Singletrack climbs aren't too painful.

Fireroad climbs hurt a lot, but payoff quickly with quality trail work and trail additions when you switch to singletrack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts