Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,972 Posts
pdirt said:
I bet he's torn, now that he's a hometown SEA native/transplant...

:p

Go Steelers!
no way....Steeler through thick and thin...........my team is out but I am going with Pitts

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
e[i said:
o]Should I remind you of that scene in Super Bowl X when Jack tossed one of your pansy Cowboys (Charlie Waters I think) on his head for taunting Roy Guerilla after he missed a field goal?

Lambert is my all time favorite football player.

Edit:
It was Cliff Harris not Charlie Waters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_X

"Early in the third quarter, Pittsburgh got a great scoring opportunity when defensive back J.T. Thomas intercepted a pass from Staubach and returned it 35 yards to the Cowboys 25-yard line. But once again the Steelers failed to score as the Dallas defense kept Pittsburgh out of the endzone and Gerela missed his second field goal, a 33-yard attempt. After the miss, Cowboys safety Cliff Harris mockingly patted Gerela on his helmet and thanked him for "helping Dallas out", but was immediately shoved to the ground by Steeler linebacker Jack Lambert. Lambert could have been ejected from the game for defending his teammate, but the officials decided to allow him to remain. [1]"
Thats not how you handle that...this is how you handle it..
*Browns 18, Steelers 16 - Oct. 10, 1976 at Cleveland (76,411) - This is the game in which the Browns' Joe "Turkey" Jones spiked Terry Bradshaw head-first into the ground, forcing the Steelers' Hall of Fame quarterback from the game.

[/i]

Attachments

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,972 Posts
namaSSte said:
*Browns 18, Steelers 16 - Oct. 10, 1976 at Cleveland (76,411) - This is the game in which the Browns' Joe "Turkey" Jones spiked Terry Bradshaw head-first into the ground, forcing the Steelers' Hall of Fame quarterback from the game.

[/i]
ha ha................so rude that when the "Browns" finally won they were called the Ravens

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
namaSSte said:

[/i]
Ha ha. One of the few glorious moments for the Mistake on the Lake.
For Browns fans........its the small things that count.

Here's a few more:
1. No Super Bowl appearances
2. The Drive
3. The Fumble
4. AFC championship appearances in 86 87 & 89 result in losses........to the Broncos (see items 2 & 3).
5. Finally winning the Super Bowl...............as the Baltimore Ravens.
6. A 41-0 shutout by the Steelers back in December.

I'vw always felt sorry for Browns fans.

:( :( :( :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,972 Posts
e<i>o said:
Ha ha. One of the few glorious moments for the Mistake on the Lake.

Here's a few more:
2. The Drive
3. The Fumble
4. AFC championship appearances in 86 87 & 89 result in losses........to the Broncos (see items 2 & 3).

so true

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
e[i said:
o]Ha ha. One of the few glorious moments for the Mistake on the Lake.

Here's a few more:
2. The Drive
3. The Fumble

that just makes me have sad feelings.:p Careful or Ill tell oHIo where yer hiding!:D
[/i]

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Tradition beyotch.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
yo eio i remember that steelers team from the 78 and 79 seasons. dallas played them great and lost. the rams played great and got burned in the fourth.

this steelers team is a great one. im a broncos fan and i was shocked to see how much pitt had improved since that loss to indy in like week 12. but the one thing that this team does not have that those steelers had was big play receivers. the 70s steelers had the greatest big game receiving duo in the history of the nfl. swann and stallworth caught game winning td's and big passes in super bowls. on sick catches. almost always long bombs. only jerry rice/john taylor ever approached it.

the super bowl is usually one by the team with the player who is the best nfl player that year. last two years it was tom brady. it will come down to who playes better. big ben or shaun alexander.

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Yo E,

I just warned my buddies that a Steelers fan will be coming over for the super bowl party and be ready to give you a ton of grief!! Apparently, there will be other Steeler fans there.....

Hey, C and I are heading to Tokul to get a longer ride in since the weather looks ok. My buddy Todd and crew are still riding at TofP (meeting at Jeremy's at noon), but I wanted to get a longer ride in since it's not a monsoon outside.

Go Hawks!!
EB

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
ebxtreme said:
Go Hawks!!
EB
Don't forget your roots my WPA homey.

Go Steelers!

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
it's halftime, and i'm smelling an upset. :eek:
That should have been a touchdown for Seatle in the first half. Dumb as$ zebras.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts