Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been asked but I couldn't find it, no greenbelts in my future. I could ask this in the what bike to buy forum but I want it specific to my area TEXAS!!. I live in North Texas, Denton area to be exact. If you had around $2,000 what bike would you buy? Would you buy a frame and build it as you had the cash or would you just plunk down the cash and ride? I'm 5'10" about 185 and just ride trails, no freeride, nothing extreme. I'm 45 going on 20 :rolleyes: but I'd like it a little light. I ride a hard tail now but think I want to go full suspension. Any help would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
392 Posts
05 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp Disc 100...hands down.

I wouldn't buy a frame and build it up. To get the component spec. on the Stumpy, you would end up paying much more than $2,000.

I'm ride mostly in Houston and LaGrange, but I've done field work all around the Dallas and Denton area. I think the Stumpy would be perfect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I highly recommend the Epic for around here, especially if you are coming off of a hard tail. My only complaint on my Epic (an '03) was the brakes. I upgraded to discs a few months back and have been very pleased with my Epic since. Swing on down to Knob Hills one Wednesday evening to join Truman an myself and you can check it out.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I live just South of you in Lewisville. I would agree with the Stumpjumper FSR Comp Disc 100 or Expert Disc 100. I have the Expert and it's perfect for the trails in this area. Although hardtails work fine for some trails in the DFW area you will appreciate the suspension on the rocky sections of Northshore, Isle du Bois and Johnson Branch. Check out Bicycles Plus for good service and prices on Specialized bikes.

·
Registered
421 Posts
trailrash said:
05 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp Disc 100...hands down.

I wouldn't buy a frame and build it up. To get the component spec. on the Stumpy, you would end up paying much more than $2,000.

I'm ride mostly in Houston and LaGrange, but I've done field work all around the Dallas and Denton area. I think the Stumpy would be perfect.
I agree. Stumpjumper FSR Comp Disc 100 all the way. I've been eyeing one myself. Check out Richardson Bike Mart. They got a full line of Specialized at decent prices.

·
Registered
1 Posts
jkish said:
I agree. Stumpjumper FSR Comp Disc 100 all the way. I've been eyeing one myself. Check out Richardson Bike Mart. They got a full line of Specialized at decent prices.
I lke the Stumpy don't get me worng but I've ridden that and the Fisher Sugar 293 and I like the feel of the Sugar better...but either way you can't go wrong, have fun!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.