Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to know if a 650b would fit inside these KHS XCT 555 frames, but there are no dealers close to me who carry KHS mtbs (especially not now in the winter).

If possible - could someone who has a dealer stocking bikes on the floor - and has a rear 650b wheel/tire combo - pay a visit to check for me please? I would compensate for the favor in beer or bike parts as a thank you.

the bike features 16.75" chainstays and there is no brace on the "seat stays" that would interfere - so it has me wondering big time. It has received favorable reviews from most bike sites I've visited to read up on it - although most are of the 2009 model. The deal is on the 2008 - but I'm sure the OEM shock on the 2008 is fine for me and or easily upgraded later on if not.

Please let me know if you can help!

Thanks.

Mark

·
Registered
30 Posts
fwiw, there are some great deals out there on 09 Jamis xct series frames and I'm 90 percent sure the rear triangle will clear a Quasi (see my post in the frames sticky) Its a similar faux bar design without a seat stay brace.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.