Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the XX build on my 2010 Evolve. Switched to Sram from XTR 3x9 so both Ells would be rocking the same gearing. I think the 2x10 is the real deal and IMO the only way to go!! I have a big grin on my face every time I lock into my pedals. Enjoy the pics!!

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your comments. The bottle cages are Specialized Zee cages and work very well in the little space you have for a bottle. You pull the bottle in/out sideways. Great design. Have yet to lose a bottle. As for the head angle, I tend to ride more xc aggressive and have my 5 degree stems flipped which I may be flipping back due to some nagging back problems. I live in San Diego so there is a lot of everything here, technical rocky, crazy fast down hilling, etc. I have been riding the Enlightenment as my go to bike lately, 21.6 lbs is tough to pass on and can take on pretty much everything I throw at it, but it is nice to get on the Evolve and enjoy some FS comfort. I have been riding 29ers for the past 4 years and don't have any issues with climbing or handling. Not the twitchy feel of a 26er but IMO can keep up with the best 26er out there!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.