Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello!

Sorry to bother all of you with so many questions these days. But if you had noticed -somehow- in the forum, I have 2 projects to finish:

1- Turning my F4000 (1999) which I'm riding as XC to a BadBoy
2- Building my F4000 SL (2006) frame as an XC

1st mission is will be very close to be accomplished when I deliver the Mavic Open Pro rims in 2-3 weeks.
2nd one will be starting when I deliver the lefty hub which's on the way from Nevada.

Now, what I'd like to ask and learn is, I'm planning to use the Lefty Speed DLR2 (the one with bonded clamps) on my 2nd project (the '06 F4000 SL).

Today, I ordered the "Cannondale Seal kit, Speed 110" (Cannondale replacement part code: KF202) so as to be able to mount the steerer tube of the Lefty Speed DLR2 on the head tube.

But I wonder if I've ordered the right thing or not.
What else do I need for the mounting of this steerer tube?

Thanks for your kind help.

·
Ridin' dirty!
2,231 Posts
You ordered a seal kit to overhaul your DLR2's cartridge.....that kit has nothing to do with mountig a steerer tube.
Just post a pic of what exactly you have and then we can tell you what you need in order to finish it.

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,470 Posts
cdalemaniac said:
You ordered a seal kit to overhaul your DLR2's cartridge.....that kit has nothing to do with mountig a steerer tube.
Just post a pic of what exactly you have and then we can tell you what you need in order to finish it.
I'm guessing he's talking about the "shower cap" that covers the top headset bearing, and sits under the stem......

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cdalemaniac said:
Hey cdalemaniac, thanks for your concern.

It's good to know what I just purchased. Wrong buy. But it taught me something :)

Here are the pics to tell you what I exactly mean.
I was thinking what I ordered would help me in fitting the steerer tube into the head tube.

What should I need to solve this problem?

Thanks.

·
Ridin' dirty!
2,231 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.