Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Inbred is out of commission until I can get it back to the distributor and get a replacement frame. In the meantime, someone in my local bike club here in Seattle had a Klein Adoit frame that the derailleur hanger had gotten bent. Since you can't rebend aluminum, the frame can essentially only be used as a singlespeed. Last night was its initial reborn voyage in the new configuration. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get the rear brake internal routing to work (spent over an hour trying to thread the cable) so I finally gave up and just used full length brake housing.

I did have the chain drop off twice last night so had to do some on-trail tweaking (ie bending) of the tensioner. After that though the chain stayed on for the rest of the ride. I'll get used to the Klein the more I ride it but the initial 20 mile ride showed it to be a very capable beastie. Headset is a wee bit loose so hopefully the local Klein dealer will still have the tools to tighten the Klein headset up.

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
JRA said:
I did have the chain drop off twice last night so had to do some on-trail tweaking (ie bending) of the tensioner. .
Love it!!

hows about a close up of that tensioner.

It reminds me of a tensioner someone on the ss board was making a long time ago. Does it clamp between the hub and drop-out??

love the color too.

Mojoe

·
Registered
428 Posts
Now I remember.... October of 2001.....didn't they call that the "Matt from Marin" design?? I made one like it, or more like a singulator without the spring... that just bolted to the derailer tab and was held only by the bolt in the derailer tab. Mine used to slip a little unless I zip tied it to the chainstay.

Mojoe

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Matt In Marin

Sounds about right. Mine fits between the axle nut and the inside of the dropout. Held in place w/ tension. The on-trail "tweaking" was me bending the metal to bring the pulley into better alignment. Works pretty darn good.

·
Something goes here...
2,069 Posts
Sweet ride JRA! I've always loved the look of Kleins. I think they have the best paint jobs around. With the mud up there this time of year, SS is a great thing!!!

Not sure if you saw my converted/recycled Sugar SS. It took a while to get dialed in but now it's perfect. It's all I've been riding in AZ! Why is SS so addicting?!

Still waiting to be contacted on when you're heading down. Some fellow riders down here have shown me some great trails. And trails I NEVER would have thought to take an SS on.

Anyway, peace out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.