Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oy...my hands and forearms are beat, my feet smell, and I'm still trying to clean dust out of my nether regions. Just another day up at Tamarack. Good to run into Ian and his gang, including sometimes MTBR poster Jim.

I think I'm gonna need some new brake pads and a rear tire, the knobs are getting a lil' thin back there.

I finally got the balls to hit some of the jumps on Super G. Nothing ballsy like what you would see those huckster dudes do, but I kinda suprised myself at how much air I got without even crashing. That first tabletop right at the start still gets to me and I just ride over it instead of trying to get some air. I did come close a number of times to wiping out, but luckily I was able to save it. Having very, very soft and dusty corners really didn't help matters much. Man it wasn't that bad over the 4th of July weekend. I think part of the reason is that I've noticed a number of riders the past two times I've been there locking up their rear tire and skidding through the corner.

I'm gonna need to find a happy medium with air pressure in my tires. I had about 40psi in both tires and man was the ride rough. I first started out with 'em a lil' lower, but then the tires would feel a wee bit too squirrely for my liking. I'll have to try 30 next time.

Did see a handful of riders come back down all covered in dirt. I'm guessing that they crashed. I saw one guy on a white rental Heckler look like he effed up his shoulder.

Ahhhh good times! But damn I'm tired.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ian's gang... that's a good one.

Good catching up with you Nick. You are right about the soft and dusty trails but I had a hell of a good time up there. I will be going back soon. Anytime you are looking for someone to hit Tam with let me know. I would be happy to ride with you.

I am no expert, but for tire pressure I run about 26 psi but I also run DH casing tires and tubeless with Stans. This allows for low pressure and, in my opinion, a much better ride. I ran a similar set-up when I was riding a 575 last year. I tend to like the FR/DH type of bike, although I am by no means a guy who hucks like the guys I was riding with today, "Ian's gang", that's funny.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you guys hit Stage Fright or Exit Stage Right? I tried ESR several weeks ago and walked parts of it and crashed while trying to clear a damn tree that was in the way :rolleyes:.

Did you ever check out how much their effin' jerseys cost!?!? $130!? $180!?!? Are you ****ing kidding me!?!? :thumbsdown:

EDIT

Forgot to mention that on my first run down Super G I almost nailed a deer rounding a corner. I got a pic of him, but I haven't been able to upload it today.

·
Registered
385 Posts
deer on Super G....

BelaySlave said:
Did you guys hit Stage Fright or Exit Stage Right? I tried ESR several weeks ago and walked parts of it and crashed while trying to clear a damn tree that was in the way :rolleyes:.

Did you ever check out how much their effin' jerseys cost!?!? $130!? $180!?!? Are you ****ing kidding me!?!? :thumbsdown:

EDIT

Forgot to mention that on my first run down Super G I almost nailed a deer rounding a corner. I got a pic of him, but I haven't been able to upload it today.
I am not sure but I don't think anyone rode SF or ESR. I left a little earlier than the rest but I know most were not real interested in either as we were having way to much fun on Super G. I rode ESR on Saturday. I certainly did not pin it but I would ride it again. I think it is more fun than SF looks.

Never looked at their jerseys. $130 - $180? Wow!

Funny you should mention that you almost hit a deer. I was talking to a friend who was up there yesterday, and she told me that her son actually got ran over by a deer on Super G. The deer apparently just came across the trail and ran into him knocking him down. As if bombing Super G is not interesting enough.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jimi1114 said:
Never looked at their jerseys. $130 - $180? Wow!
They are Volers. I'd be OK with paying maybe $80'ish for a jersey. But nothing over $100 unless one of the Tamarack girls came home with me :p.

Funny you should mention that you almost hit a deer. I was talking to a friend who was up there yesterday, and she told me that her son actually got ran over by a deer on Super G. The deer apparently just came across the trail and ran into him knocking him down. As if bombing Super G is not interesting enough.
Was that the kid on the orange Diamond Back? I was off to the side of the trail when him and his mom came down one of the trails that comes off of Super G and he was booking whereas I was riding the brakes all the time :rolleyes:.

Getting hit by a deer can't be fun.

·
Registered
385 Posts
BelaySlave said:
They are Volers. I'd be OK with paying maybe $80'ish for a jersey. But nothing over $100 unless one of the Tamarack girls came home with me :p.

Was that the kid on the orange Diamond Back? I was off to the side of the trail when him and his mom came down one of the trails that comes off of Super G and he was booking whereas I was riding the brakes all the time :rolleyes:.

Getting hit by a deer can't be fun.
Orange DB, and mom rides a Raleigh.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.