Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK considering this frame very seriously as my venture back to geared.
I already have a bling Ventana El Comandante but need a geared bike for some of the endurance events I plan to do.
Can anyone tell me if the taller Ventana Chris King crown race will solve the clearance problem.
Also am I right in assuming that the seatpost clamp size is 31.8mm??
Lastly are there any 6'3" guys who have given this thing a try??
The TT length on the Zion is basically the same as my 22" El Comandante but the ST measurement is 20" on the Zion vs 22" on the El Comandante which has me a little concerned about seatpost extension and the effect of that on the frame.

·
And He was Not
1,686 Posts
The taller (7mm) Crown race comes close with the manual lockout, but you still have to trim the side of the knob. Do a search , I posted a pic somewhere.

Seat post clap is a 30.0.

I'm not sure what to say about the TT ST measurement on the 20 inch bike. :rolleyes:

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Enoch said:
The taller (7mm) Crown race comes close with the manual lockout, but you still have to trim the side of the knob. Do a search , I posted a pic somewhere.

Seat post clap is a 30.0.

I'm not sure what to say about the TT ST measurement on the 20 inch bike. :rolleyes:
Saw your pic of the trimmed knob but was not sure whether you were using the taller race.
30.0?!?!? Hmmmmm!!!
Are you indicating that there is something weird about the TT and ST measurements??? I did some of my own measurements on my El Comandante and the ST measurement actually takes into account the complete measurement of the ST to the top. If it was not for the section that extends above the intersection with the TT then my El Comandante would only really be a 19".

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will the Cane creek S3 + 5 headset help the situation at all??
Can I put a spacer under the crown race to give myself a little further clearance if needed??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.