Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Very nice pic. I guess that will be my next step up. I have one of those enclosed trailer type things (rickshaw) that I pull my daughter on. Where did you get that? Does it attach to the seatpost? Mine attaches to an interface on the rear axle.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stephen11364 said:
Very nice pic. I guess that will be my next step up. I have one of those enclosed trailer type things (rickshaw) that I pull my daughter on. Where did you get that? Does it attach to the seatpost? Mine attaches to an interface on the rear axle.
Yes, to the seatpost. This is it: http://www.trail-a-bike.com/product/trail-a-bikes/original-folder-1/

She loves that thing. We can talk for a while wile I am pulling her. But up some hills, its good challenge. She weighs 35 lbs, and hates it when I sway the bike on climbs. Some times I have to remind her to pedal, but that's ok, as long as I am with her and she loves it when she's with me, that's what's important.

·
Jam Econo
4,213 Posts
Does she need the extra wide bars for leverage!?
My kids have all enjoyed the trail-a-bike, but my youngest was always the biggest "help" on it. He used to be like a turbo, churning out the extra power. That is until he learned pedaling up hills yields limited returns in the fun factor, so he started only pedaling down hill to achieve maximum velocity!:eekster:

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CB2 said:
Does she need the extra wide bars for leverage!?
My kids have all enjoyed the trail-a-bike, but my youngest was always the biggest "help" on it. He used to be like a turbo, churning out the extra power. That is until he learned pedaling up hills yields limited returns in the fun factor, so he started only pedaling down hill to achieve maximum velocity!:eekster:
those bars are the same width as the original bars that came with the trailer. I had to get those because the others were on too high for her. She's still little.

Kids rock! I get a lot of good stares. One time a police man pulled us over and gave us coupons for Dairy Queen because we were all wearing our helmets.

·
Registered
428 Posts
ernesto_from_Wisconsin said:
Yes, to the seatpost. This is it: http://www.trail-a-bike.com/product/trail-a-bikes/original-folder-1/

She loves that thing. We can talk for a while wile I am pulling her. But up some hills, its good challenge. She weighs 35 lbs, and hates it when I sway the bike on climbs. Some times I have to remind her to pedal, but that's ok, as long as I am with her and she loves it when she's with me, that's what's important.
Thanks for the link. I have about a year to wait (next summer) though before I purchase one.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
what bars are those?

my son will graduate to the trail a bike next year. he's still in the trailer until next summer. i don't trust that he won't let go yet.
in other news, he has his own single speed. this was a very proud day for dad. being able to ride around the end of our street with him is great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.