Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a great night last night riding a local spot with my good friends and thought I'd share with you guys and gals. This trail network is five minutes from work and believe it or not it was my first real true good loop of the season out there. Here you go:

Me on a pile of logs.

Randee pedaling along. Pedal pedal pedal...

New toy to play on!

My turn:

More logs.

The weather was perfect, the trails in great shape, and I was riding with my best friends. Doesn't get much better than that! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Again it was a great ride. The trails were in really good shape and the weather was ideal.

Here are a few pics from my camera - I'm a crappy photographer

Here's Phil doing his best Ryan Leech trials riding impression on a short log ride early on in our loop:

Randee just riding along:

Phil up and over a pile of logs:

Me over the same spot (photo taken by Randee - note how hers is much better than my photo of Phil):

Phil coming around a slightly tricky uphill switchback (hard to tell from the photo):

Phil coming up a rocky uphill section, just before his wheels slipped out from under him (same thing happened to me in about the same spot - weird):

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

·
uh, uh...oh, i forget
1,039 Posts
looks like it's officially riding season! but where's the single speed?!!

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not quite there yet.

Surly 32T chainring is en route, and then I've decided to get a real SS cog in back too so I don't wreck my rear wheel since it is the only 29er rear wheel I've got and can afford right now.

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
one1spede said:
Question, why the leg gear? I only ask as the trails in your picts look pretty open. Just curious...
We have lots and lots of rocks on our trails in CT, and hey better safe than sorry right. My knee/shin pads are really light and breathe pretty well. Sometimes I go without em, but last night I threw em on as it wasn't too hot or humid out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts