Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Enough about hate... why wouldn't I buy this? I was looking at this before they came out with the new model, but with this dropping by two thirds, I might as well pick one up, eh?

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
Image stabilization seems to be the biggest issue with most of these cameras. The VholdR has been obsoleted by the new contourHD.

At the price it is a good deal :thumbsup:

·
Legend
1,287 Posts
Anti-shake software works better than camera stabilization anyways ... a lot better. Oh, and only for the US I think ... grr.

·
it's....
2,088 Posts
Yea but you gotta waste a lot of time.
I just want to shoot the vid and watch it, not waste hours on conversions and filters.

·
Legend
1,287 Posts
You'd need a pretty archaic machine for an average video to take "hours" to convert. Anyhow, that's just one piece of software, there are many. And, I am not saying the software is the only way to go, just that it's a viable solution to getting some quality video out of a camera with little to no stabilization.

Personally, I make the video, drop it into some other software I have (I 'purchased' that software) and convert for like 10 minutes. After it's done, I get spiffy video. Admittedly, the video I start with is actually pretty good.

·
Registered
30 Posts
cool, I got one last week when it was 99, free shipping and its already on it's way. i wanted the HD, but hopefully this one makes watchable videos at least good enough for youtube.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Got mine today, 2 days before UPS said it would be here... not gonna complain though.

Works well enough, especially for $100. People that are confused by the status LED's... wow. 640x 480 is the video resolution... not a huge drawback compared to 1280x720 that the HD is. Remember HD is a marketing term, pixels are pixels.

·
Registered
30 Posts
texas said:
How did you find out that this battery would work in the VholdR?
the VholdR uses a standard Nokia BL-5C cell phone battery, so you don't have to just use the VholdR brand batteries. They are all the same 3.7 volt LiIon 900ma. same battery just different wrapper...
:thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts