Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
sugoi chairinko
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are planning a ride when we come for a stay in Feb., and we were looking to ride Aiea Loop, and I was hoping for some info on a good, close shop to rent a couple of bikes. I'm open to suggestions, as it's been 11 years since I moved back after college, and Aiea is the only trail I remember near Pearl Harbor. The deal is that we're going to drop my parents off at the Memorial, and then go ride, so I need to be close to Pearl Harbor. Any suggestions on shops and trails would be killer. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bike Shop

The only bike shop nearby that I can think of is The Bike Shop (808) 487-3615, but you should call for directions and to ask if they rent bikes.

Not sure how long ago since you last rode the loop trail, but there are a few downed trees which you will need to carry your bike over. Still fun though...just be careful.

·
Registered
549 Posts
February may not be the best time to hit Aiea Loop if it is/has been raining. The roots and clay sections get snot-slick - not exactly fun when you consider some of the cliffs alongside the trail. Consider Pacific Palisades (top of Komo Mai Dr.) as an alternative. It's an "out-n-back" trail (up going in; down coming out), similar in length to Aiea and not too far from Pearl Harbor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.