Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Grip it and rip it.
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm looking to get a nice pair of lycra shorts this year for endurance racing. Had a few incidences of nature calling with the bibs last year, it can be annoying. Any suggestions? Not too high end, but i don't mind splashing out a bit.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Damitletsride! said:
Hi, i'm looking to get a nice pair of lycra shorts this year for endurance racing. Had a few incidences of nature calling with the bibs last year, it can be annoying. Any suggestions? Not too high end, but i don't mind splashing out a bit.
I've had great luck with the higher end Voler shorts. Pricing and quality are very good. I've done the Pearl's and really wanted to like them, but the seam on the front tends to rub my "junk" and really bothers me. I've heard the same complaint from several others as well on the Pearl's.

·
It ain't easy being Green
1,208 Posts
I have three pairs of Sugoi RS shorts; had them for well over two years and ride each pair at least once a week. They have held up well to continued washing and trail abuse, even had to stitch up a couple crash-induced tears and they are still going strong. Super-comfy too!
I have also had good luck with Capo Forma, their shammy is great. Both of the above have been used for endurance events of 8-12 hours with no saddle sores.

·
Grip it and rip it.
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
clydeone said:
+1 for PI Elite

Must say this is almost as subjective as the topic of seats. Hate the pair of craft shorts I have -- too big in the waist too -- small in the legs
I wouldn't have thought so quite as much. The main things for me in shorts (or bib shorts) is the quality of the chamois, the durability of the lycra, and stitching thats barely noticeable. Along with a close fit of course.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Personally I would stick with bibs, especially for the long days in the saddle. I have both bibs and shorts and only wear the shorts when I am desperate. For the bathroom stops, just be sure to use a jersey with a full length zip, so you can just take it off quickly without emptying your back pockets trying to pull it over your head. I guess if you are talking dashing to side of the trail for emergency relief shorts are the quickest, but if that is a common problem you might want to re-think your race diet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.