Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm heading to northstar this weekend. I was thinking it would be nice to have a pair of goggles. Any reason it wouldn't be optimal to wear my skiing goggles? Seems like a pretty silly question, but I was just wondering if there is much difference between the two.. moto x goggles and skiing/snowboarding ones.

·
Registered
270 Posts
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
search tab is very helpful and you want to have legit moto goggles ski goggles arent built for taking small rocks and other things i have oakley crowbars and they are awesome just 60 bucks 30 bucks extra for a fire iridium lense good stuff

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your to kind.

blooregard said:
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
search tab is very helpful and you want to have legit moto goggles ski goggles arent built for taking small rocks and other things i have oakley crowbars and they are awesome just 60 bucks 30 bucks extra for a fire iridium lense good stuff
Thats the info I was looking for. As for searching. I do it quite a bit, sometimes after digging for a long time I can find the info I want.

In this case it was a LOT easier to post the question.

Thanks for enabling me.

·
Registered
270 Posts
you have been here for a lot longer than I have I saw this video on another forum site and I thought it was funny anyways happy hunting for your goggles

·
Flyin Pig
159 Posts
My ski goggles are all together too expensive to get mud and dirt on them. I went with these
http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/20...hing-156-Eyewear/Oakley-Proven-MX-Goggles.htm
You can get darker lenses from Oakley directly for $8. Plus they have posts for tear offs. In theory you use them during races when you can't see because you got mud splashed on your goggles - but I just put 1 tear off to protect the lens.

All last year I used a cheap pair goggles I got in the outlet store. They were ski goggles and they worked fine. The keys are impact resistance and breathability.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ski goggles are designed to protect your eyes from the suns reflection off of the snow (snow blindness). They are darker, cost more, and scratch easy. Get moto goggles.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Duece said:
Ski goggles are designed to protect your eyes from the suns reflection off of the snow (snow blindness). They are darker, cost more, and scratch easy. Get moto goggles.
Many of the same lenses are used for both dirt and snow. I'm pretty sure the difference is in the venting (no holes in the lens) and foam used (coolness vs. warmth)

·
Now with More Wood
2,964 Posts
Most quality winter goggles come with a double lens, which helps combat fog build up in cold conditions, but is no good when it's warm outside. The padding/foam is typically thicker and warmer as well on the winter goggles, and the ventilation may be less open. All in all, they are good reasons to pick up a decent pair of MX googles for summer - and yes, it makes a big difference when riding compared to sunglasses (or nothing). Much more comfortable and secure.
I had great results with the standard Oakley O frame ($30 or so...well worth it!), now rocking the Crowbars for extra bling... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts