Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Courtesy of our pals across the sea, Pro-M in Italy, here's this blockbuster!!

"In Worldwide preview, the first pics at the definitive version of the new Titus frame "El Guapo" of 160mm of travel. A weight of only 2.800kg (rouhgly 6.2 pounds, Warp's Note) is claimed.

What to say? The first impressions is that it's beautiful and robust.

The definitive shock will be a Fox RP23 for our market (That's Italy, Warp's Note). The price will be slightly above the actual price of the Racer-X, but it's still to be defined.

We expect more pics / news in the coming days."

Cool stuff, ain't it?;)

·
I like bikes
83 Posts
Looks nice

Hey Titus:
Will there be cable tie downs for a Gravity Dropper remote lever? That would be super sweet!

·
Paper or plastic?
10,277 Posts
The weight claim sounds too good to be true, but the frame looks friggin sweet... At less than $2k, it is in perfect competition with all the long travel all mountain bikes.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
zorg said:
The weight claim sounds too good to be true, but the frame looks friggin sweet... At less than $2k, it is in perfect competition with all the long travel all mountain bikes.
Well... Titus still have a margin of error of 1.1 pound to reach the weight of the Nomad... Seems that even if it doesn't comes at the 2.8kg claimed, they still can give a pretty decent weight figure (if not a new reference on the segment).

·
Registered
46 Posts
You can go ahead and flame me, but it isn't really doiong anything for me. I'll keep my ML. The new Turner 5 spot gets me MUCH more excited!

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mntnbiker72 said:
You can go ahead and flame me, but it isn't really doiong anything for me. I'll keep my ML. The new Turner 5 spot gets me MUCH more excited!
Well... I don't think anybody would flame you... because there's not even point of argument.

You want a smaller travel, different bike... so do I. I also think the ML would suit me much better when my Switchblade expires. There's nothing wrong with that.

Go to the DH board and make a similar statement and see what they say... :D

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Thanks Warp

I was stunned when I saw the pics, it's really is a work of art.
Pivot placement at BB is higher than motolite.
Wonder when R Cunnigham is going to get his hands on one?

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
Very Handsome...

All Mountain said:
Thanks Warp

I was stunned when I saw the pics, it's really is a work of art.
Pivot placement at BB is higher than motolite.
Wonder when R Cunnigham is going to get his hands on one?

I like it alot better than the proto!

But at that wieght, is it gonna be ready to rock???:confused:

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
GOD DAM!!! IF IT RIDES AS GOOD AS IT LOOKS I'M SAYIN BY TO THE LAND OF ELLSWORTH.

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Looks tight, I like it. :thumbsup:

Honestly first impressions, I also liked the aesthetics of the beta version better. But thats strictly cosmetic- flat black paint/ano, a rockshox rear shock, and lackluster background don't do much for me.

but the details.... yeah the pivot is practically on top of the BB. That's going to make this a very active and plush feeling frame. And, the beefy hollow seatstay brace in front of the seat tube, but none behind it- that means tons of tire clearance and stiffness, without going to long chainstays. Nice touches!

Personally I'd like to see a return to the smooth ano finishes like the switchblades had- gold, gun metal, maybe dark blue and dark red or even brown. The flat black is kinda boring imho.

Anyways, looks like a nice frame!

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Rear Tire clearance???

Also is that a 1.5 HT?

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
Holy Hannah!!!!!!! GEEZLOUISE, I think I just saw my Christmas present. Does that thing come in a Ti/Exogrid option(just kidding). How the hell could I sneak that thing into the house without my wife knowing. Oh well, maybe when the motolite shows up I'll be too enthralled with it to jump on the big travel wagon.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts