Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Negative. The H on the serial number means is was built overseas.. ... See below:

gm1230126
mtbr member

The "H" stands for Hodaka...a factory in Taiwan. Which aluminum bikes were produced in Hodaka in 1992...only one model....Pantera and it was sold in painted colors. Silver and Red.........Although 92's had u-brakes and this frame has the canti cable routing braze-on on the seat tube. Just doesn't fit. Maybe a 93 but if so it must have been early production before the rear dropouts for replaceable hangers were available.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well there isn't much wiggle room here is there? I'd say burst his bubble?

Anyway what's up with all these $1500 BIN oh-so-used zaskars on ebay?? Due to hazardous work condition (too much coffee and blinking fonts hurt my eyes) I visited ebay and wow, serious? I'd better hurry up and dump my stables:rolleyes:

·
Registered
875 Posts
hatake said:
Well there isn't much wiggle room here is there? I'd say burst his bubble?

Anyway what's up with all these $1500 BIN oh-so-used zaskars on ebay?? Due to hazardous work condition (too much coffee and blinking fonts hurt my eyes) I visited ebay and wow, serious? I'd better hurry up and dump my stables:rolleyes:
Ha, yes, I am dropping my 94 Zaskar up there soon. New edict to clear our garage. Only keeping 1 squish (LTS), 1 rigid (91 Zaskar), 1 fun (Karakoram SS).

·
GT LTS Hoarder
185 Posts
Really??? $1500? I thought the Klein fever was crazy....

Makes me want to scour all of the garage sales and craigslist posts and buy up all the old avalanches, nomads, and aggressors, slap some zaskar stickers on and flog them on fleabay as "vintage Zaskars", just like all the other crooks... But I'm too honest to do that.

oh well, a fool and his money are soon parted.

if anyone wants to blow $1500 on a 1997 STS, lemme know. I gotcha hooked up. :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts