Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
amar la vida de dos niner
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since the mountain-biking stars aligned for me. Yesterday, I had the time to ride on a day when the trails were dry and the weather was warm. But it was a funny kind of ride, coming in bits and pieces.

During the first 10-minute loop, it became obvious my seat height had been changed by my friend when he borrowed my bike the evening prior. So I swung back by the car to grab a wrench and make the adjustment.

Wrench in pocket (just in case it still wasn't right), I started off again. As I moved from smoother to rougher terrain, it became obvious my shocks had been adjusted as well. I could barely feel any compression happening in my rear shock. Blech. And then I realized the front shock wasn't compressing, either!

So I swung back by the car to grab my shock pump and make more adjustments, only to find that my friend hadn't returned it to my bag. *sigh* Well, what with me being old and spoiled by all that suspension, I darned near called it quits right there. And then I decided, no, I'd get some kind of ride in, by golly.

Evidently, the universe agreed, because it gave me this sight to lift my spirits.

Attachments

·
amar la vida de dos niner
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When that little guy graces us with his presence, it always makes me smile.

So off I went. After getting banged around by the landings of a couple of wheelie drops, I stopped to examine what was going on with my front fork. It turns out it had been locked out! I flipped the lock off, and my front suspension was back. Woo hoo!

Within 30 minutes of getting underway once again, I finally saw another rider on the trail. It was Ralph, and he had a shock pump in his car. And he was wrapping up his ride. So within 15 minutes I had adjusted my rear shock air pressure. After about one hour of riding, finally all was right with my bike. What a great feeling!

I had another hour of riding, and had a blast. I took the time to stop and take pictures of a few things that I would normally admire or smile at, but that--being as they are in spots where one can go rather fast--I don't usually stop to snap a picture of.

1) A patch of dandelions that is *always* a very bright green amongst the brown foliage of winter.
2 & 3) A "skirt" of fungus that has been on that tree for years.
4) Cedar pollen, ready and waiting for its "explosion." (Bear, this one's for you, so you don't miss Austin *too* much.)

An odd little ride, but I had a lot of fun, and was glad to be out playing.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts