Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to sneak out a little bit recently. All I wanted was to do a little recon to check the snow situation up high. I took the demo Flux out for a little spin in the hills and was not dissapointed. Because of snow this winter, this was the first time I've been out on the bike in twisty trees and forest. Nice, very nice.

Results of the recon mission were favorable for bike and snow. I am so happy that riding season in the high country is finally upon us here in Colorado that I just had to speak up. We'll see what this coming weekends snow will bring, though...

Here's some pics:
-scenery
-trail
-bike

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
That's the way ah ahnn ahnn ahnn ah!

Spring is here at last. I love my Burner, but the polished Flux is a beautiful bike. It sounds like you work at a shop. How do you like the flux vs. the five spot?

cheers,

kane

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
zkampyman said:
Spring is here at last. I love my Burner, but the polished Flux is a beautiful bike. It sounds like you work at a shop. How do you like the flux vs. the five spot?
I like them both quite a bit. I generally prefer the Flux for longer XCish rides - rides with a good mix of terrain and extended climbing. It's a light and nimble bike. It's 4" feel like quite a bit more than the Tracer I was on previously. We went to Fruita last weekend and I took the Flux. It was a great choice to bring. We had a couple of really long days in the saddle and I never felt limited by the 4".

The Spot, on the other hand, is a way better steep terrain bike. It's slightly slacker head angle and longer stays make it super stable both up and down. If I'm heading to an area that has extra steep, rough, and/or technical terrain, I'll take the Spot. Seems like the Spot feels more at home the steeper, rougher, and faster things get. I should also add that the Spot is built up about 4-5lbs heavier than the Flux. To me, that extra weight can make a huge difference at the end of a long day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.