Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
Paul's brake lever extension for bar ends. Ahh, forgot about those things. I still remember when everyone had bar ends on their bikes and most rocked them perpendicular to the ground, haha. Bar ends became a fad for the straight handlebars like the bolt-on cross braces for the high-rise downhill bars. Do bike shops still sell bar ends or those bolt-on cross braces anymore?!
 

·
Content from my avatar
Joined
·
4,355 Posts
Hardguy said:
Ahh, forgot about those things. I still remember when everyone had bar ends on their bikes and most rocked them perpendicular to the ground, haha. Bar ends became a fad for the straight handlebars like the bolt-on cross braces for the high-rise downhill bars. Do bike shops still sell bar ends or those bolt-on cross braces anymore?!
I stole the bar-ends off an old donor bike we have and I use them on my bike now! And they're closer to parallel to the ground, thankyeverymuch. :p
 

·
Content from my avatar
Joined
·
4,355 Posts
aka brad said:
Does anyone remember what these are for? or even who made them and what they were called?
How do they work as brake lever extensions? I'm not seeing any sort of pivot or anything brake-lever-like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
Haha, I don't have anything against bar ends or anyone who uses them as long as they are not pointing straight up like an Atari joystick. Also, bar ends just don't look right on riser bars. The higher the rise of the handlebars, the weirder bar ends look on them, just my opinion of course.
 

·
Retro Grouch
Joined
·
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
erik1245 said:
How do they work as brake lever extensions? I'm not seeing any sort of pivot or anything brake-lever-like.
They work like this..They were called ChimChims and they were made by Paul Components. Ahhh, bar ends and purple ano, those were the days..
 

Attachments

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
Joined
·
16,365 Posts
aka brad said:
They work like this..They were called ChimChims and they were made by Paul Components. Ahhh, bar ends and purple ano, those were the days..
Lawwill fork... way cool.

I still ride bar ends. Nearly parallel to the ground & on a flat bar... don't want people wondering if I'm homeless.

--sParty
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top