Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I'd rather be biking...
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I'd show some of the unfortunate souls who haven't experienced the magic of this area. Usually we get this trail to ourselves especially during the middle of the week but it was a holiday and it was busy with horses and bikes. Great trail though, truly nothing else like it. As unique as it gets. Enjoy :thumbsup: Thunder mountain trail near Bryce Canyon Utah

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

·
Pretty in Pink
628 Posts
Looks like an amazing day! Great photos, makes me want to go play on some red rock. All we have up here in New England is granite.

·
Muskoka
3,482 Posts
shelbster15 said:
You can ride it as a loop and they have a paved bike path for the ride up that parallels the highway which is extremely convenient. Top to bottem elevation is around 1200 feet but You will gain over 1700 feet of total climbing and ride almost 16 miles.
What is the best time of year to ride that area?

·
I'd rather be biking...
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BlackCanoeDog said:
What is the best time of year to ride that area?
Trail tops out at just over 8000 feet so its not a full season trail. May-September are guaranteed. Sometimes earlier in the year sometimes later in the year. Though it can still get pretty hot come mid July in the heat of the day. Perfect riding time right now though

·
Registered
497 Posts
I rode Thunder the next day; yes I found my way off of Little Creek! Not much traffic on the trail for me though; a few bikers, no horses but an antelope and a coyote. It was a great day too on a great trail. If any of you go anywhere near this trail, you have to ride it! I hit it on the way from St. George to Grand Junction. With the paved bike path climb, it doesn't take long at all. 16 miles in about 2 1/2 hours for me and I'm a slow climber.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Beautiful!!! I really want to go out west and ride. Thanks for sharing.

·
Team Fearless Descender
1,976 Posts
Thunder Mtn. is a fave of mine, hit it anytime I'm out that way. Hard to believe Dave has not been out there yet. Dave!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.