Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MTBR seems to be a pretty photo friendly place. I'm broken and bored so was cleaning up my hard drive and found some pictures from last winter. I've put these up on ridemonkey before so feel free to ignore them. I'm also putting these up to try and generate some interest in working /riding on some of our lower than snow spots. These are in Reno except for the DJ shot where I'm wearing the blue shirt. That's auburn. But work there is needed too. C'mon over this winter. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow!

Those are some awesome pics! I was looking to move to Reno to go to school next fall, how is the riding out there? I ride Northstar and auburn all the time but dont know how the DH/freeride/DJ scene is up there? Thanks!

·
huckit
78 Posts
kidwoo said:
MTBR seems to be a pretty photo friendly place. I'm broken and bored so was cleaning up my hard drive and found some pictures from last winter. I've put these up on ridemonkey before so feel free to ignore them. I'm also putting these up to try and generate some interest in working /riding on some of our lower than snow spots. These are in Reno except for the DJ shot where I'm wearing the blue shirt. That's auburn. But work there is needed too. C'mon over this winter. :D
Sick! The second picture down is hanging in the shop @ Olympic bike shop....work there?

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tkbike said:
Sick! The second picture down is hanging in the shop @ Olympic bike shop....work there?
Haha yeah that's me. I had no idea so many people on this board lived in the area. That's awesome. Yeah we had a bunch of pictures of the first jump before the one in the pictures was built. I had to put that up there to razz the photos of the other guys who work there. I worked there part time just to help move in and out during the shoulder seasons.

As far as northshore stuff, like what ferns and mud? J/k. There are quite a few stunt laden areas in Tahoe but I don't know of too much in reno that's worth riding. Too many young kids that don't take the time to build sturdy structures is what I've found mostly.

N*rider: yeah reno has some really fun riding. Mostly xc but there is a DH trail right above the big jumps. It's short but it's fun. The dirt jumps are north of town. If you into DJs I'd be happy to show them to you this winter. Don't be offended if we hand you a shovel though. We'll be right there with ya. :p

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
zachdank said:
those look like some fun spots. i'll have to hook up and ride there w/ you this winter. i role up to reno all the time to sk8. :p
Sounds good. I've been Dhing for about 3 years. I've been skateboarding for about 15. ;) I show up to the skateparks with 2 toys for sure. You've been to rattlesnake mtn and gardnerville I guess?

Hey brian, I've got the hightop vans on now instead of a cast!!!!

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
zachdank said:
i've been riding bikes for about a year and skating for about 18. but i leave the wood plank alone these days cause i fiend the bike to hard. gardnerville used to be one of my favorite sk8 spots in the day. that place rocks. :p
You ever ride down in mammoth? After biking at the mountain, Wave Rave has a vert ramp that's pretty fun. The city is also working on a concrete park that has some decent looking 10-12 ft bowls in the plans. I don't skate much these days either but when I find something good (vert) I find it hard to resist.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts