Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Hard as nails
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From N. Florida - Ocala (Belleview) Freeride Area. It was a beautiful day for riding!:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
Nice pics! I used to ride there all the time back when I lived in Tampa. Was definitely the best place around.

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,972 Posts
Err said:
Nice pics! I used to ride there all the time back when I lived in Tampa. Was definitely the best place around.
very nice stylin

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
tthis ones my favorite lol

·
= dirt torpedo =
1,210 Posts
dude.. i've been waiting for those Dirtbag action shots..

nice!

i just got back from a morning DH run.. that thing sure rips

·
Hard as nails
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Blender

blender said:

nice!

Thanks. I am luvin this bike! It gives you sooooo confidence (forgiving machine:) ) How has your been treating you? I can not wait to get back up a lil north so to hit some DH! Not any of that down here:mad: But wife and I are moving to Brevard, NC soon, I will be able to reach some rather quickly from there (at least closer that being in Orlando). Btw, I liked your build on yours, very nice!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Dirtman said:
But wife and I are moving to Brevard, NC soon, I will be able to reach some rather quickly from there (at least closer that being in Orlando).
You will like living in Western North Carolina, there are so many trails it is ridiculous. Not alot of places to freeride, but plenty of places to get your DH fix on, most of them you have to climb to access though. If you need any trail info check out the North Carolina forum, pretty much everyone from this area that rides is super nice and wouldn't mind showing you around. Or check out our Pisgah Area Sorba website:
http://www.pisgahareasorba.org/
Welcome to North Carolina! See you on the trails.:thumbsup:

·
Hard as nails
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Appreciate the welcome

mb3designs said:
You will like living in Western North Carolina, there are so many trails it is ridiculous. Not alot of places to freeride, but plenty of places to get your DH fix on, most of them you have to climb to access though. If you need any trail info check out the North Carolina forum, pretty much everyone from this area that rides is super nice and wouldn't mind showing you around. Or check out our Pisgah Area Sorba website:
http://www.pisgahareasorba.org/
Welcome to North Carolina! See you on the trails.:thumbsup:
Thank you for the link:thumbsup: Yeah, it seems I may have to travel just a lil bit to find some FR. The I am sure that area will keep me real busy for some time!!

·
= dirt torpedo =
1,210 Posts
The Dirtbag has been THE bike i've been looking for all these years..
I honestly don't know why i didn't step into the "big bike" territory sooner. I was a little timid, thinking that pedaling and throwing around a heavy bike would be an issue, boy was i wrong and confused.

i'm a bigger dude, 215 or so without gear.. so i have issues with flexing smaller bikes. This bike, however, has no flex anywhere.. Riding a bike this solid simply allows me to forget about the bike itself, and focus on hitting the trail as aggressively as my skills will allow. I have so much faith in the strength of this build, that now i only have my own skill and fear limitations to overcome, which allows me to push my riding that much further.

So yea.. it's been treating me great.. and leaving me tired, dirty and satisfied.. just as it should :)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Dirtman said:
Thank you for the link:thumbsup: Yeah, it seems I may have to travel just a lil bit to find some FR. The I am sure that area will keep me real busy for some time!!
There was a freeride park scheduled to be built in Alexander Park just outside Asheville, but unfortunately the plans have been temporarily delayed. Alexander Park is on the backside of a landfill and unknowingly to Pisgah Area Sorba the landfill had rights to access certain areas of the park to obtain dirt for the landfill. Needless to say some new trails that were built just a few months ago were destroyed:madman:and put all plans for Alexander on hold. The building of the freeride park was scheduled to take place after all the new trails were constructed. The part that really sucks is that the city of Asheville gave us a $50,000 grant to build new trails and improve existing ones in Alexander, we also got a grant from IMBA for the freeride park, hopefully the money will still be available when this issue is resolved. Hopefully in the near future the scheduled plans will be able to move forward.

·
Registered
251 Posts
blender said:

nice!

I second that! Always nice to see a fellow Dirtbagger. I've had mine since '03: still strong. Nice shots.

·
Hard as nails
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
blender said:
The Dirtbag has been THE bike i've been looking for all these years..
I honestly don't know why i didn't step into the "big bike" territory sooner. I was a little timid, thinking that pedaling and throwing around a heavy bike would be an issue, boy was i wrong and confused.

I totally agree, mine weighs 40lbs and handles much smaller. I have a smaller/lighter Giant VT for trail riding, but only use the Dirtbag now!

i'm a bigger dude, 215 or so without gear.. so i have issues with flexing smaller bikes. This bike, however, has no flex anywhere.. Riding a bike this solid simply allows me to forget about the bike itself, and focus on hitting the trail as aggressively as my skills will allow. I have so much faith in the strength of this build, that now i only have my own skill and fear limitations to overcome, which allows me to push my riding that much further.

Yeah, I have done things that I originally would not try for sake of equipment failure or just not enough bike, this bike creates riding freedom!

So yea.. it's been treating me great.. and leaving me tired, dirty and satisfied.. just as it should :)
Great!

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
sweet spot man, i wana ride it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts