Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Nervous Descender
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few pics from the ridge above the Colonie Town Park, a favorite local ride in the Albany, NY area. It's a small area with rocky, semi-technical singletrack and mud which winds back and forth like spaghetti. I'm still experimenting with taking and uploading pics- will post more later.

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Adirondack Blues said:
A few pics from the ridge above the Colonie Town Park, a favorite local ride in the Albany, NY area. It's a small area with rocky, semi-technical singletrack and mud which winds back and forth like spaghetti. I'm still experimenting with taking and uploading pics- will post more later.
Nice! Where in Colonie is this, and how many miles are there to ride? I live 30 minutes south of Albany, but would love to check out some new areas to ride. Thanks...

·
Nervous Descender
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LacticAddict said:
Nice! Where in Colonie is this, and how many miles are there to ride? I live 30 minutes south of Albany, but would love to check out some new areas to ride. Thanks...
Take Route 9 north, turn left on Old Loudon road, then take an immediate left onto Schemmerhorn road- drive downhill about 1/4 mile and look for parking lot for Colonie bike path on the left. The ridge trails are accross the road on the ridge above the bike path- look for trails going off into the woods. Unfortunately, some of the trails are being bulldozed to build houses. :mad: There's probably a solid hour of riding in there, another 20 minutes or so in the Colonie town park (a few fun but short technical trails down by the Mohawk river), and another 1.5 hours just 10 minutes west on the bike path to the trails around water treatment plants and the Northway overpass (aka The Pits).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.