1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Bring Back Buck
68 Posts
And in winter...

1. The view from our Chalet in the morning
2. Jane skiing back from Italy in -25
3. The view of the Matterhorn from the other side of the valley

Looked like it'd be pretty good riding up there in the summer. I think MTBR or one of the NZ mags did an article on riding there fairly recently.

A lot of people make the mistake of thinking Switzerland's a winter destination - but the reason that these types of towns exist was origionally for summer. Also - swimming on Lake Zurich during the summer when the water's 26 degrees (c) is pretty damn nice!

Well worth the trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
Skydiving

I went skydiving in Lauterbrunnen (near Interlaken and the Eiger, Jungfrau, etc) last summer and had a blast! Did it out of a helicopter and couldn't have done it in a more beautiful setting. Switzerland rules!

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
Locomoto said:
I went skydiving in Lauterbrunnen last summer and had a blast! Did it out of a helicopter and couldn't have done it in a more beautiful setting. Switzerland rules!
i cleaned the gutters last saturday and it stank. did it in high winds on a wet, pitched roof and couldnt have done it in a more dangerous setting. dirty gutter suck!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.