·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New GENUS ...of Bicycle... Can you make this Sunnycle

A few days ago accidentally invented a new kind of recumbent bicycle

I made pictures(drawings) of this bike

and because I am unable to do it ...
... and looks forward to seeing who will do it first :)

It is:

...FrontWheelsDrive (lever)
...BothWheelsSteering (body)

- lighter
- faster
- Front wheel drive
- With an excellent aero-dynamic
- The pedals move independently of one another
- multi - speed lever drive
- Free - Hands bicycle
- Turbo Mode

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
?? ... with Lever Drive

The power transmitted through human ... x ... pedal to the whee

If he rode a bicycle to drive with Lever Support (shoulders) ... he will be able to exercise this power, pressure on the pedals - x3 - x6 X-Bwt(Exact Bodyweight)

If he rode a bicycle with a simple round Chainring
... under pressure on the pedals will vary between X 0.3 - X 1 X-Bwt (support is gravity)

Adding:
... simple construction
... the possibility of simultaneously pressing both pedals
... short pressure or pressure long ... you choose !..

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
byknuts said:
actually, it looks like a combo of a recumbant and a eliptigo--using the eliptigo drive.

http://www.elliptigo.com/product/description/

My problem with this is that powerlifting does not translate to endurance effort. Going to ride this as fast as you can for 100 yards?

BTW, sunny fruit, although you gave this a lot of thought, you should research the literature. There is a lot out there, most invented around 1900. Also, on a normal bike, one can exert more than their body weight. You simply use the handlebars to pull against when you are out of the saddle (like doing a deadlift). Singlespeeders use this as part of the normal riding style. Also, for exercise sake, this is great because it helps work out the upper body.

·
is buachail foighneach me
6,589 Posts
It's interesting enough to want to see a built version and at least ride it around at interbike for shlitz and giggles. I love these types of designs, and this one is a unique combination of ideas. I like it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
the prone position/lever drive can't be that bad of an idea. Graeme Obree is about to take a crack at the world human-powered land speed record on one of his own design in less than two weeks.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Looks like something from a Southpark Episode...I know, I'm a d!ck

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.