Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Spain.
I'm gonna buy an Intense 6.6 frame with a Manitou Swinger 4way Air rear shock.
I'd like to make you a few questions (a week ago I did sent an email to Intense with the same questions....I'm still waiting for the answer...):

Is the stroke of that shock 2.25"?
Does anybody knows the recomended settings for that shock? I mean the recomended sag, pressures,...
How is supposed to be the front derrailleur? (diameter, type...)

that's all

thanks

Meduix

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think Intense has mail problems because a friend of mine and myself are still waiting for replies we sent out a week ago. Cant help you with your 6.6 questions, sorry. Downloading the frame manual from Intense could help you out on the shock stroke question I am sure.

Good luck with buying one, its a killer bike if you ask me!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Stroke on that shock is probably 2.25" (same as DHX air). If you can swing it (no pun intended) I would get the DHX, it has more adjustability, and should outlast the Manitou. I have personally had problems with Manitou products, none so far with FOX. It will take a few rides to get the shock properly dialed in, just be patient, I would run about 30psi. above your weight in the main chamber, and about 20psi less than your weight in the SPV chamber. Rebound about 4-5 turns out from full slow. E2

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi
i´ve some questions too!!
What headset diameter has the 6.6? 1.5?
Which rear-shock length it´s needed?
What kind of rear hub do i need? 135mm?
Is the 6.6 also available with´n DHX5.0 coil?
And last but not least….how is the geometry with a MZ66 light ETA

Thanx for help!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
THBiker said:
Hi
i´ve some questions too!!
What headset diameter has the 6.6? 1.5?
Which rear-shock length it´s needed?
What kind of rear hub do i need? 135mm?
Is the 6.6 also available with´n DHX5.0 coil?
And last but not least….how is the geometry with a MZ66 light ETA

Thanx for help!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Headset is a 1.5", I would recommend a FSA headset, non flush mount. The rear shock eye to eye measures 7.875" X 2.25".
Rear wheel spacing is 135mm (10mm)
Not yet spec'd with a DHX coil, and FOX is currently out of stock, I checked the other day because I'm wanting to try one myself.
Geometry I am only guessing @, but if you are running a non flush mount headset and that fork measures around 560mm (roughly) axle to crown, I would say that it is around 67-67.5 degrees. Of course tire choice does come into play also. Ride On- E2 [email protected]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanx, that´s sounds pretty good  I think I can use the parts of my old bike! Maybe I need a new front derrailleur….which one do I need?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
THBiker said:
Thanx, that´s sounds pretty good  I think I can use the parts of my old bike! Maybe I need a new front derrailleur….which one do I need?
34.9 non traditional, XT works great, the derailleur is also referred to as topswing, dual pull, you deffinitely need to make sure yours is a top pull.

·
Registered
19 Posts
ok,.....i think i´ll order a 6.6 in autumn!:thumbsup:
with a FOX DHX Coil ....build up with the new MZ 66 RC2 ETA
Does anything change at the frame next year:???:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts