Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Only dead people are old
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems a Gary Fisher Ferrous jumped into my car while I was at my favorite LBS (B&L Bicycles). I'm not sure how this happened...well let's see...I walked into the store looking at the new Fisher Calibers, Supercals, and Pargons, and X-cals on the floor (nothing new ho-hum), then whoa stop everything...there are two new Ferrous bikes here, a 21" and a 17.5" (my size)! I could hear angels singing...after that the last thing I remember is wiping the drool off my lips and saying to myself, "I don't need another bike, I don't need another bike, I don't nee..." Next thing I know I'm home and there is a new Ferrous in the back of my Subaru. Shamefully weak I am...

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Have you ridden it, yet?! My local GF dealer can't 'find' a Ferrous 29. I would buy one in a heartbeat. It is $700 cheaper than a SIR9, and seems to be about the same bike, without the EBB! Oy!

·
try driving your car less
3,097 Posts
jpatkinson said:
Have you ridden it, yet?! My local GF dealer can't 'find' a Ferrous 29. I would buy one in a heartbeat. It is $700 cheaper than a SIR9, and seems to be about the same bike, without the EBB! Oy!
the fisher website claims it has an EBB.

i would have gotten one of these if it were around when i bought my bike, for sure.
the price is OK,... website says retail of $2k.

i love the color. looks very close to what i chose for my custom.

·
Only dead people are old
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tire Clearance Pic plus more coolness

Endomaniac said:
Sweet,
How does the rear tire clearance look?
Here are pics of the seat stay (note the fish gusset on the seat-tube), chainstay looking up (tire is a Bontrager 2.2 ACX), plus a few others including the new badge on the headtube...

Attachments

·
Only dead people are old
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jh_on_the_cape said:
the fisher website claims it has an EBB.

i would have gotten one of these if it were around when i bought my bike, for sure.
the price is OK,... website says retail of $2k.

i love the color. looks very close to what i chose for my custom.

Your bike is sweet! The Fisher has an EBB and the retail price where I got it was a few hundred less than $2K. I plan on morphing this bike into a SS soon.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Oh my Lord, this must be a post Christmas miracle. I was beginning to think the existence of the Ferrous was just an urban legend. Have these images been photo shopped or does the bike actually exist? Whatever the case, you have given me hope. I will call my LBS today and begin busting their chops to get my Ferrous delivered.

The clearance looks much improved over my current Rig. Can't wait to ride steel.

·
Registered
590 Posts
DireWolf said:
Looks sweet! Anyone know if the Ferrous is available as frame only? I didn't see anything about this on the website.
That does look pretty good to me as well. I did some quick glances at my Paragon with same tires and clearance does appear quite a bit better.
Now hopefully they have plenty of these cause I want a frame as well!

·
Mtbr Founder
35,503 Posts
Who names their bike Ferrous???

Anyway, from what I can see on that bike, it's a beauty. Nice color, nice angles (seatstay bend), clearance, etc. Look at that head badge! Even Eriksen doesn't have a headbadge that nice. Howmuchisat? Congrats.

fc

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.