Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so I live in denver but willing to drive- looking for a nice trail to take my girlfriend tomorrow. Was thinking about Green Mountain but. . . any suggestions/beta on the dryness :)

Thanks

·
Registered
334 Posts
I would suggest Bear Creek State Park, but it depends on how beginner she is. This is a great place to teach a beginner rider about the basics of riding without the stress of it all. Easy singletrack that she will have enough time to get comfortable on. Then I would suggest Green Mountain lower loops.
Being a girl myself, just remember to let her have fun and go with her ability when riding. She will let you know when she is ready for more. :)

Have a great time!

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
If I was trying to get my significant other (assuming she's a beginner) into riding I think I'd wait until a beautiful day in June. That's just me though, good luck.

·
The Notorious S.L.O
1,106 Posts
brankulo said:
three sisters, evergreen mountain, start from upper parking lot, quite easy and nice, dont know about trail condition though
I would not suggest 3 sisters for a beginner ride. The park does have some trails that are suitable for begineers, the 3 sisters trail is not one of the those.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the input- she is actually more like beginner/intermediate-- she wanted to ride today (I was like really?!? -- ok well try to find some dry trails)-- I think we might try GM/ Bear Creek-- :)

·
Heathen
768 Posts
Bear Creek - mostly flat, near zero technical.
Green Mtn. - same but option for more climbing.
South Table Mtn - single climb going up then mostly easy on top
Marshall Mesa/Comminity Ditch near Boulder - well worth the drive for a beginner. Lots of options.

Keep in mind, most of these will be messy with the temps above freezing.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We hit GM, the trails were great on the south and west side- we stayed on the lower loops- but the wind picked up and holy crap. . . actually it was me that wanted to bail-- I hate the wind-- but she enjoyed the day- the trails were not even close to being muddy, there was just a little bit of snow (some snow and ice on all northern trails)-- she had a good time so it was a success!:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.