Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Freeriding Feline
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got Heather G. A new Fox DHX 5.0 coil shock for her bday so we went over to Diablo with her Nomad to test it out.
We rode familiar features so she could get used to it. I think she was loving it at the end of the day.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

And Kat:

·
Dirt Diva Little h
540 Posts
Awesome Pics as Usual!

From one heather to another you will love the coil, LOL !
I switched over to a roco wc and love it! Just waiting for the ti coil now!
I hope to rock my nomad with totem there soon, hope to see you ladies rippen.

·
Freeriding Feline
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool

I'm looking to go with a ti spring for my V10. I just had to order another dropout hanger. The old one is stripped but the mechanic gave it a good fix (involving drilling and adding a piece) so I could ride yesterday. It's a permanent fix but I should have a spare in case there's a problem again.
Those guys work magic over there! :thumbsup:

·
Dirt Diva Little h
540 Posts
I here ya!

I have snapped 3 Der. Hangers in the past month on my 5.5. I now carry a spare all the time. Where did you order your spring from? Having a hard time finding mine. Question: what spring rate is Heather running on her nomad and if you don't mind me asking what is her riding weight? SC website says #400 but there is no way I could run that heavy a spring.
That last photo of you on the ramp - your headangle looks sooooooo layed back , LOL!

·
Freeriding Feline
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spring

Go-Ride has ti springs so I was going to go through them once I get some extra $$$. Heather's about 5'3", I'd say maybe 130-135 with gear. It is a 400 spring rate. Once we got the rebound dialed in she was loving it.

·
Dirt Diva Little h
540 Posts
LOL, Heather looks tall and you look small!

From the pics Heather looks about 5'9" and your pic you look about 5'4, it is all perspective. I know you are taller. On the spring, I keep checking the spring calculators and getting 300# for my weight 143# fully armored. How much sag is she getting with the 400#? I have to suit up today and get a measurement. I have a 350# one I can try in steal first.Go-ride is my first choice too, they seem to have the most in stock, now to raise some cash for it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.