Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Decided to take a trip & visit Versus Cycles today to check out the new bikes. The place is awsome, you walk in the door & Whamm the Goddess of Versus right there, Wow i was in heaven then i heard a voice from behind the walls & came to, oh hay there Herb, dang reality checks! Herb spends most of his time in front of his best friend the CNC machine, i think it's love with the green juice, his 2nd friend is the top secret box that i belive has a computer in it. :yesnod: Up high on one wall are the proto type frames that did ther job well & are now resting after a very hard beating. Then Herb pulled out the cream of the day, besides the Goddess, the internal transmission Versus frame whoohoohubahuba what a beauty & she is still in development, good thing there is a mop near by. Another beauty they have is a Blitz II that weights i belive 34lbs, dang it's almost a XC bike at that weight.
:cornut::cornut:

Edit: Was just informed the weight of the built Blitz II is actually 32 pounds.

Attachments

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,796 Posts
dogonfr said:
More pics of the Goddess :crazy:

I see how he made it 50/50 now... now cassete in the back and stuff...everything in the box... next time you go over there, can get pics of the insides? Would love to see how it ticks... XD

Why use a chain though if it's running a gear box? Why not a driveshaft? Weight factor?

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Versus is awesome without a doubt. if i had to only have one bike to do it all it would be a blitz 2 for sure. i think i felt a bit awkword when i assummed that herb and vivian were married and vivian had to correct me:blush: :lol: both of them are awesome people...

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Looking forward to more info coming out on the Verses internal Gear box bike........We will get more of these coming on stream for sure.... Dogonfr, still have 3 weeks or so till the Nicolai GBOXX arrives, waiting patiently though............Am at the airport heading to your country for work and riding in Fruita and Moab, a dream come true really........Yeah ha

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Whafe said:
Looking forward to more info coming out on the Verses internal Gear box bike........We will get more of these coming on stream for sure.... Dogonfr, still have 3 weeks or so till the Nicolai GBOXX arrives, waiting patiently though............Am at the airport heading to your country for work and riding in Fruita and Moab, a dream come true really........Yeah ha
It really is looking like the future, clean centralized weight & smooth as buttah.

Looking forward to the finished Nico, you do some sweet builds! Are you going to start a new thread for the compleat bike with a ride report :confused:

There are many nice places to go visit & ride my head spins, more than normal, thinking of where i would like to go. Have a great time & post pic's. :cornut:

·
Registered
730 Posts
The white Blitz II is gorgeous. They do R&D there and weld overseas correct ? edit: Needle bearings hella sexy looking too.

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
great lookign bikes, id love to ride one. next time tell them to put some more machining in that dam linkage plate, then ill be interested!hah

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
austinb89 said:
great lookign bikes, id love to ride one. next time tell them to put some more machining in that dam linkage plate, then ill be interested!hah
Ther's a whole lota machining going on there then more R & D. The rockers have been a topic since the introduction of the Blitz II, some of us like them some think they are plain. They are different from the normal holes that are used on most linkage plates. :cool:

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
dogonfr said:
It really is looking like the future, clean centralized weight & smooth as buttah.

Looking forward to the finished Nico, you do some sweet builds! Are you going to start a new thread for the compleat bike with a ride report :confused:

There are many nice places to go visit & ride my head spins, more than normal, thinking of where i would like to go. Have a great time & post pic's. :cornut:
Dont want to hijak this Versus thread.. But will start a new thread...

Will post pics for sure.........

1 - 20 of 30 Posts