Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone looking to ride the best trails in the Eastern U.S. must make a trip to the Kingdom Trails in Northeast VT. No action shots, but a couple of scenic pics from 3 days of perfect New England riding. I put in 3 days of riding, averaging about 4-5 hours a day. Pretty beat today to say the least.

·
How do I do that?
561 Posts
nomit said:
how long did it take to get your bike balanced by itself?

5 pictures of it....must have taken awhile. :p :D

lol, I think I see a wooden kick stand in the second to last pic:D

Nice pics VT, looks like you had a nice ride:thumbsup:

·
sgabyenom e
71 Posts
I guess 'flow' is something that's hard to measure on a trail, I mean I can't go buy a flow-meter for my bike and then say what's what.. But the trails @ KT specifically (I assume those are the NEK trails?) have Bachelor St beat hands down for flow.. :)

Scott O said:
NEK is good but for flowy xc riding I'll take Bachelor Street in New England any day.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Cool I was there also this past weekend. My first time riding there and definitely will go back.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Scott O said:
NEK is good but for flowy xc riding I'll take Bachelor Street in New England any day.
I live about 20 minutes from B-Street and it's one of my favorite spots to ride. But I would not call it flowy. It's a fairly technical spot, lots of rocks, ledge & tough climbs. Earles trails on the other side of Rt 116 is very flowy, the total opposite of B-Street. Maybe you have the two places confused?

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Nah, I don't have Earls and Bachelor confused. Rode them both last Saturday and Sunday. Bachelor is so well engineered that the local nemba guys should be given medals. Its rocky, but it can be ridden very fast. You're moving all around the bike to coax it up and down all of the rock structures. You work hard and you push your bike, but if you're doing it right, you are flowing (my opinion of course).

KT's are nice, I've been a bunch of times, but as the above pics show, there's a lot of 'singlerack' cut into fire roads/xc ski trails that really isn't very tight. Again, the trails are nice, but not too challenging. Bachelor St is engineered make the most out of a mountain bike. We could argue about the 'flow' thing for days, so let's agree to disagree, but as far as which trails are better, I vote Bachelor by a long shot.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Scott O said:
Nah, I don't have Earls and Bachelor confused. Rode them both last Saturday and Sunday. Bachelor is so well engineered that the local nemba guys should be given medals. Its rocky, but it can be ridden very fast. You're moving all around the bike to coax it up and down all of the rock structures. You work hard and you push your bike, but if you're doing it right, you are flowing (my opinion of course).

KT's are nice, I've been a bunch of times, but as the above pics show, there's a lot of 'singlerack' cut into fire roads/xc ski trails that really isn't very tight. Again, the trails are nice, but not too challenging. Bachelor St is engineered make the most out of a mountain bike. We could argue about the 'flow' thing for days, so let's agree to disagree, but as far as which trails are better, I vote Bachelor by a long shot.
I guess we just have different definitions on what flowy means, other than that I agree 100% on your take of B-street. I have never been to KT, but from all the pictures I have seen I don't get what the big deal is. I guess I just prefer more technical riding. In my book the two best spots in New England are Lynn Woods and B-Street.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Scott O said:

Calm down.

You could have ridden for State back in the day if only you'd been given a chance. The OP wasn't asking for anyone to "throw down" on what trails are better, just that he liked where he was riding.

You're not supposed to post exactly like your avatar would.(which I love by the way)

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
The OP stated these were the best trails in the eastern US. That opens things up for discussion. I discussed.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

·
boomer
888 Posts
VTSession said:
For anyone looking to ride the best trails in the Eastern U.S. must make a trip to the Kingdom Trails in Northeast VT. No action shots, but a couple of scenic pics from 3 days of perfect New England riding. I put in 3 days of riding, averaging about 4-5 hours a day. Pretty beat today to say the least.
What part of VT did you visit? I've got a friend that has a place in East Burke, he doesn't ride but keeps telling me to go there and visit and ride. It's along trip from Oklahoma but almost looks worth it.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
The Kingdom Trails are in East Burke, which is in turn located in the NEK (north east kingdom), which is the north east part of Vermont which sticks out over New Hampshire. Awesome smooth scenic trails that are well marked and properly mapped, so its easy to get out and ride great loops without getting lost. It's much different from most NE riding because its so smooth and buff (and marked so you don't have to ride twisty mazes for 3 days to figure out what is where). If you like fast smooth singletrack it doesn't get much better. Still a long trip from OK.

Like your avatar too, the supersuckers rock.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm heading up to the Kingdom in two weeks from NYC. Cannot wait. I haven't been there in about 4 years and from what I hear, they have added a lot. We were able to rent a cabin with electricity, outdoor cooking and a firepit for 30 bucks a night. We're taking some helmet cams and I am bringing my SLR for some awesome pics.

·
boomer
888 Posts
icecreamjay said:
Like your avatar too, the supersuckers rock.
As Eddie said; "Greatest Rock Band in the World!"

Even though it's a long way the cost shouldn't be too bad since the housing is free and if my buddy goes the food will be free too. (He's an excellent chef at one of the busiest eateries in our region.) :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts