Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
bikerbert
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the course can be done in approx 7-7:30 minutes. How long is that? Old La Honda can be decended in about 7 minutes, and that is about 3.25 miles. Is that about on par with the course?

Also, what tire suggestions do people have? I know its a few months away, but I've got some extra scratch now so I can pick some up.

Thanks!

·
Surly OG
977 Posts
Go to Toro Park and ride - that'll give you an idea of the length. Typically less than 3 or so miles.

CCCX DH is fun stuff - not technical.... more super D than DH wrt to technicality.

Minion, Chunder, Weirwolf, High Roller, Ressie's, Neve's are common.

a good square edged tire for the front that works in loose and loose over hardpack works well there.

I alternate between the Weirwolf, Ressie and High Roller.

I took 2nd overall in Beginner 35-44 in 2006, and 2nd overall in Sport 35-44 in 2007 on a Blur LT.

I'm gunning for 1st in the next series.... I guess I better show up to practice now.

·
Registered
97 Posts
bikerbert said:
I see the course can be done in approx 7-7:30 minutes. How long is that? Old La Honda can be decended in about 7 minutes, and that is about 3.25 miles. Is that about on par with the course?

Also, what tire suggestions do people have? I know its a few months away, but I've got some extra scratch now so I can pick some up.
Elevation and course maps are available here:

http://norcalmtnbikeracing.blogspot.com/search/label/cccx_dh

(scroll down for most of the race reports and maps).

I believe there will be some CCCX DH run this fall.

·
Broken and dizzy
694 Posts
Hey Dan, Sport class is all yours now man! I'm moving up to Expert for the fall series. I just need to get a mid travel bike now or I'm going to get my a** handed to me. :nono:

As to the OP, the courses vary for each race. Some courses where 2:30 or so and the longest one was around 6:00 plus change. Again, not very technical from a DH standpoint and very Super-D like. Dan's got it right with the tires though. IMO, I think tire pressure really plays an important role just as well.

Good luck and hope to see you out there this fall. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts