Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I'm 13 and want to get into dirt jumping and urban riding. I've been looking at bikes but don't know what i'm looking for on a bike. Whats geometry and how would i want it in a bike? What parts am i looking for? Is single speed or geared better? Disc brakes or rim brakes?

·
S&G CREW
267 Posts
Well if u want to get into dirt jumping i would try to to a single speed and something with disc breaks.Might want to check out something like a gary fisher mullet good 4 dirt jumping but can still ride other stuff too plus it comes geared or a single speed.

·
I post too much.
6,445 Posts
Geometry refers to the shape and size as well as angles of the tubes in your bike's frame, this is what determines how a bike rides.

For dirt jumping you are looking for a beefy frame with a steep head angle(69+) steep seat angle(around 70) high-ish BB height (12 inches and up) with the shortest chainstays possible (16'' and under) with a top tube length that fits you.

How tall are you, how much do you weigh and what's your budget?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i'm 13, about 5 ft, and about 100 pounds. I'm saving up to about 1000 dollars and I'm a complete noob. So far the giant stp and specialized p.1 have been very appealing to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.