Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
gnarly pics - how cold was it that evening?

i'm looking to get into winter riding (ever since getting into mtb i've started to really loathe winter here in Toronto) - are you using studded tires or just a wider-than-usual front to keep it floating?

·
humber river advocate
6,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
740 Posts
thanks for the info!

Would I have to use a wider rim with those nokian's? Right now I'm running DT Swiss X430's (I think they're 24mm wide rims) but didn't expect winter riding to mean having to fork over $ for another wheelset...I'll also have to check the rear wheel clearance, don't know if my C'dale Rush will accept too wide a rear tire...

Cheers!

·
humber river advocate
6,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the nokians size a little smaller so you should be ok... most bikes nowadays can fit a 2.3 no problem... if you have the lefty get the 2.3 for the front (better to have a bigger tire out front) and use that tire to check the clearance out back. if it is to tight go to a 2.1. talk to your lbs where you bought your bike. they should know what tire sizes will fit your frame and fork... oh your rims are fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.