Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've been meaning to start getting in some longer rides. Last weekend seemed to be a great opportunity, so on Sunday I decided to try and make it to a little town outside of Prague that supposedly had some interesting ruins. All I had was a map and a general idea of where I was heading. The route would go through parks, national nature area, several villages and lots of dirt roads and fields. The route (red line) is not always well marked, especially in the villages you have to look closely at sign posts and such to make sure you are going the right way. In the end the out and back route was some 65 kilometers, just over 40 miles. Was it worth it? You be the judge...

The first few photos are some different types of what I rode on, singletrack, fire roads and actual roads...

Attachments

·
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Over the fields and through the woods to Okor, and the ruins. So I've made it to my destination, have a quick lunch in the grass and decide I am thirsty enough to stop and have a beer at a little cafe. Taking a slightly different route on the way home I got lost until I came across an unmistakable 'sign'...I had been going along a road for a couple miles without seeing a marker and was just about to turn around and then I saw this cross - I thought I should go a little farther just to see what it was. It turned out to be exactly what I was looking for. The cross marked the spot 'so-to-speak' and sent me on my way home.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.