Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo Guys

I Have 6000$ To Put On A New Dh Bike.but My Problem Is Not That Simple.why?? Ok , Last Year I Got The Kona Stab Primo.where That Fine Bike Except The Break Jack.this Yesr I Have On Mind The Intense M3 With Durado In The Front.or Foes Mono With Curnutt Xtd Fork.my Problem Start Here: I Know That Intense And Foes Are Great.and I Know That Intense M1 Was A Good Bike.but The Future Is Here And Intense Made The M3 (god Know Why...).now ,about The Foes I Read Only Good Reviews.non Of Them Was Bad .i Asked About The Intense And Alot Of Guys Say That The M3 Are Not Much Time In The Market....the Problen Is Big Because I Can't Ride Of Any Of This Bike. In My State There Is Non Of This Bikee. About The Front Shock I Know That The Xtd Is Somthing Amazing,but Much Pricy Then The Durado...well What Sould I Do?? Go With The Foes, That I Know Is Very Good Bike,but The Technology Is A Bit Old....or Sould I Go With The Future The M3????
Please Answer It Is Very Very Important...

·
Registered
895 Posts
Have you tested either of them out? The foes would run great with the curnutt and everything but it's sooo dang expensive. If I were you I'd go with the M3 and the Dorado, that'd definitely be a sweet race bike :D

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
if you like the m1, buy a frame and build it up with the best components. FSR design on the m1 is better then the VVP design on the m3. take a look and try other bikes like the specialized demo9, or the santa cruz v10--both are great bikes that i bet youll like.

·
eci
2,712 Posts
Ive had an fsr bike (ih sgs)
a vpp bike(v10)
a single pivot bike(mono)

Buy the mono, the rear shock blows every other shock away

You could buy the newest and greatest and ya know what its prolly sh!t.

Now your prolly like well ya know the 5th and the swinger is the same technology as the curnutt. Well your right but BMW's and Landrovers have the same suspension technology in them too. 2 different applications: 2 different results.

For the front i say get a 888r or an avy dh ti8. Both are much cheaper than the foes curnutt front shock and preform very well

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
Acme54321 said:
Why not just put a floating caliper kit on the stab and save like $5800?

Yeah...and then his "big dilema" is gonna be : ' Oh.. I have 5800bux and don't know what to do with it' :D

Very good idea BTW.

·
a'buh?
635 Posts
or you could just give me the Stab :D

If you want, you can usually get the manufacturer to send you out a bike to test, but it's usually pretty expensive.

If you don't want to do the floating brake on your stab, I'd say get the tried and true Foes-you cn't go wrong when the name on your downtube starts with F O E...

·
The Lincoln Woods Crew
207 Posts
Spend the $175 on the brake therapy floating kit.I have a 2000 stab primo and I noticed
some brake jack,but compared to all the positives about the bike,i really dont mind.You
can also wait for the 05 stab supreme that will come with floating brake kit,but its
my understanding that you will have quite a wait,because they wont be available until
oct-nov of 05

1 - 9 of 9 Posts