Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know there are some Balfa riders waiting in the wings to post in this new forum right? So I figured I'd start a thread where we can post about our rigs and throw up some photos and stuff.

Here's a few Balfa Shots to get it going:

I've spent one full season on my Belair and I'm very very happy with it - it can do a little bit of everything really. A truly fun bike!

Soon the Psylo will be gone and a new Manitou Minute will take it's place! May also work on adding a Risse external reservoir to give the Fox Float RL a little more air volume - I rode one set up like this when I was deciding on this full suspension bikes and liked it a lot - and it's only about a $75 project.

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
figured I'd add the standard bike and couch image too

Here's a shot of my 2Step DH, that is now being happily ridden by a young kid in Boulder Colorado!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gonna try again a more old fashioned way

From when the bike was being first built up last year:

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I've changed tires, stems back and forth, since the initial build - but one thing remains constant, the bike rocks!

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

These are two shots of me on my Belair from the summer of 2003. The first is from Nepaug State Forest in New Hartford CT and the second one is from Case Mountain in Manchester, CT - two great places to ride in the Greater Hartford Area.

The third one is me landing a sweet jump at Nepaug - part of a downhill section that includes two really nice jumps - one you have to get speed and get distance but you can't get much height so it's tricky, and the second one is just a sweet jump attached to a stump that launches you perfectly into a nice landing area below.

Attachments

·
Come on, dare me!
537 Posts
Nice pics ! It's cool to see the bike in action too (but who's this guy on it ? ;-) Just a question : what's the weight of your Belair (as is) ?

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jerome said:
Nice pics ! It's cool to see the bike in action too (but who's this guy on it ? ;-) Just a question : what's the weight of your Belair (as is) ?
I'd say my Belair is in the 27-28 pound range, but that's how I want it. The beauty in the frame in my opinion is that it can easily serve as a lightish xc rig or as a rock solid trail bike as I have it set up.

I am going to put a Minute 3 on it for 2004.

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jtd said:
Here is my '03 Minuteman with a Boxxer. A very solid ride. Cannot recommend it enough.

Jake
Sharp looking Minute Man! Where are you located? Do you use it exclusively for freeriding or do you race DH on it as well??

What's your thought of the army green up close? I've seen one 2Step FR in that color and I liked it a lot.

Have fun on that MM!

Mark

·
Registered
164 Posts
Minuteman...

Mark-
I am in the Seattle Area. My minuteman is my only bike and I use it for everything from riding on the Shore, DJ, urban, trailriding, Whistler, etc... It does everything well. Whistler is a little painful after about 10 runs, but it is still good times. It is such a solid ride. As for the color.... I love it. It is a lot more green than I expected, but I like it more than I expected also. Here is a little urban action at UW.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jtd said:
Mark-
I am in the Seattle Area. My minuteman is my only bike and I use it for everything from riding on the Shore, DJ, urban, trailriding, Whistler, etc... It does everything well. Whistler is a little painful after about 10 runs, but it is still good times. It is such a solid ride. As for the color.... I love it. It is a lot more green than I expected, but I like it more than I expected also. Here is a little urban action at UW.
Cool Shot! Looks like the minuteman suits you well!

1 - 20 of 297 Posts